Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: test and if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test and if condition Post 302123680 by porter on Tuesday 26th of June 2007 05:08:07 PM
Old 06-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciroredz
thare isn t another way to do it?
like using if statements and test?
Perhaps a teacher said to use those things in this assignment, maybe? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with test condition in shell script

I'm new to scripting and I need help with a bourn shell script. What i'm trying to do is a test condition where "if the time is within 2 hours, it's true" and so on. The time is in the following format DATE=`/bin/date +"%Y%m%d%H%S"` for example, 20060907152000. So, what the script first... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieman8080
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition test ( [[ ]] ) doubt

Hi , I have a doubt on condition test ( ] ). Pls refer blow program. #!/bin/ksh TEMP= if ;then echo $TEMP else print 'invalid option' fi Above script's TEMP variable has no value so it gives "invalid option" as output. But I got an error before priting the string . Result : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition test

Hi there, When I try to do a condition on test: $ str1=abcd $ test $str1 $ echo $? 0 Is there anyway to display the answer to be 'TRUE' or 'YES'? rather than 0? If so, how can I do it without using awk or sed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test condition

Hello, what is the better and correct way to perform a comparison: I have been using the following with no problems: if ] then .... fi I have seen this also used : if then .... fi When I try : if then .... fi I get an error like .... the test condition expects a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

test condition

Hi there, I tried to search for this almost everywhere, but didnt get any proper information on it. What is the difference between ] Some of the code works when I have only single condition i.e. ] && $dothis1 || $dothis2 But if i try to include another testcondition to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Condition to test if a host can be pinged

I have a much larger script that takes an input file of hosts and determines if we support them and checks to ensure the FQDN coincides with our DNS. For instance, the hostname may return a different FQDN when passed to the "host" command, so I keep the value of the output of the "host" command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lower case test condition

I want to locate directories that are upper, lower or have both upper and lower cases. What I have is: find /tmp/$var2 -type d' " ); && echo "host case is incorrect" || echo "host case is correct" This actually is part of a larger script and it does work but the problem is that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple negated test condition

Without grep, I'd like to make a test condition so that any a word that does not have the successive letters car in it will be echoed. for example, bluecar will contain "car" so it will show up as a no var=bluecar $ echo $var|if ]; then echo "yes";fi yes this variable contains "car" so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Test a condition for n times and take action

i have to test a condition for n times and if its value is greater than one each time for continuous 5 iterations it will take action My Approach run the same command 5 times in for loop and divert the output to a file and then read the values from file and use if else if and take action ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD