Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Permission Change Upon Reboot Post 302123393 by gross on Monday 25th of June 2007 11:34:08 AM
Old 06-25-2007
Re:

Thanks for the input. The document helped solve the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/defaultrouter change without reboot

Hi I have had to change the defaultrouter of a production server. I have ammended /etc/defaultrouter to point to the new address but when I do a netstat -rn , it hasnt updated. Is there anyway I can apply this change without rebooting the system ?? regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission for directories and files

Is there a way to change subdirectories permission plus the files in the subdirectories in a directory i specified without using the find command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mingfei2006
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change permission chmod

Hi, when I launch my perl script, I write on the shell: perl x.pl How I can can change the permission to write only: x to launch the program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission change query

I need to change permission for a directory from drwxrwxrwx to drwxr--s--T What chmod command will work? What will be the number code to represent the required permission? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Change gateway without reboot server

Hi Gurus Recently i had change the gateway for a server i had change the IP in the /etc/defaultrouter and run the below command # route add default 10.86.33.222 # route delete default 10.86.33.1 # netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file permission

Guys, I need help. I need to change the .txt file permission after I have reset the file content to 0. The code that reset the file content to 0 is as follows: #!/bin/sh for i in /root/script/*.txt do echo "0" > $i done However, the file is generated by the apache application,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission to a directory

Hi, How do i change the permission to read/write to a windows directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to change the permission for directory

unable to chnage the ownership as group does not exist ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 2 1520291 remote 1024 Sep 25 2014 img root@servername#chown content:remote img chown: img: Not owner (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghur77
1 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)