Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Xen virtualization will catch up to VMware in 2008 - SearchServerVirtualization.com Post 302123392 by Linux Bot on Monday 25th of June 2007 11:30:09 AM
Old 06-25-2007
Xen virtualization will catch up to VMware in 2008 - SearchServerVirtualization.com

Xen virtualization will catch up to VMware in 2008
SearchServerVirtualization.com, MA - 13 minutes ago
Even Unix virtualization, also known as partitioning, has gotten a boost from recent interest and hype surrounding VMware. ...

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RedHat Xen vs VMware

Hello, I need to make a quick decision between redhat xen and vmware. The servers that need to be virtualized are mostly windows and run core business services. There are a few linux boxes as well. My first thought was Xen but last time I tried it on RedHat 5 (our distro of choice) Windows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariusp
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xen

was looking for some help /tutorials on xen ..im a beginner on virtualisation ..so any help would be greatly appreciated ...p.s. whats the basic difference between para and full virtualisation (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

VMware and Red Hat Virtualization

Hey Guys, we will be very interested in learning from your experiences on using Red Hat Virtualization. I am still trying to understand how does VMware and Red Hat Virtualization fit with each other. Has anyone been on projects where the customer is using both ? and any experiences you may have had (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnsmith111
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Vmware Citrix Xenn virtualization on dedicated server

hi, I am newbie and I think I am trying to bit off more than I could chew in this field. I would like to know if virtualization with Vmware Citrix on a dedicated server under ubuntu 64bit is simple. I looked up in the board with keyword "virtualization, vmware, dedicated" but replied threads are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization on vmware

Got tired of messing around with real hardware old and others.. Decided to spend some $$ for a QUAD-core dual cpu laptop with 8 gig of ram and 1 TB disk space.. running VMware workstation 10 on windows 8.0 , with a pair of solx86 vcs 5.1 cluster and a pair of rhel 6.4 vcs 6.x cluster.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)