Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compaision of dates
Top Forums Programming compaision of dates Post 302122933 by phani_sree on Friday 22nd of June 2007 05:07:18 AM
Old 06-22-2007
compaision of dates

how can compare dates
example :
date1=23:06:2007;
date2=22:06:2007;
how can compare these two
thank u,
sree

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates

Hi! I have two parameters like this: YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD My question is, there is a direct command for get the elapsed time between the 2 dates, or I have to find another way? Thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MalaTomi
1 Replies

3. Programming

Dates in C

Hello, I am working on a program in C and need to read, write and manage Dates (YYY-MM-DD HH:MM). I have made my own version of a structure to store the date data and something else. Do you recommend me to use the time.h library? In such case, is it worthwhile to have an structure containing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ister
1 Replies

4. Programming

SQL: find if a set od dates falls in another set of dates

Don't know if it is important: Debian Linux / MySQL 5.1 I have a table: media_id int(8) group_id int(8) type_id int(8) expiration date start date cust_id int(8) num_runs int(8) preferred_time int(8) edit_date timestamp ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Replacing dates]] with (dates)]]

Hi guys, For my wiki site I need to fix 1400 pages that use the wrong date format, most pages (not all) use eg. 1988]] I need to change that to (1988)]] The date range goes back to 1400 so I guess I need to do the following ssh into my server, dump mysql database vi .sql dump search... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating dates between two dates

HI, i have row like this HHH100037440313438961000201001012012073110220002 N in this i have 2 dates in pos 25-32 and 33-40 , so based upon the se two dates , i need to generated records between these two values so in the above record 20100101 and 20120731 need to genearte rows like this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathishsr
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the Missing dates between two dates in the table?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh ... I have a Table called date select * from date ; Date 01/02/2013 06/02/2013 I need the output as Missing Date 01/02/2013 02/02/2013 03/02/2013 04/02/2013 05/02/2013 06/02/2013 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get dates between two dates?

HI, to my shell script i pass two parameters date1 and date2 is there any way to get all dates betwen these two dates? if i pass 20130714 and 20130717 i need to get below dates 20130715 20130716 is it possible. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulab
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display dates between two dates

Hi All, I have 2 dates in mm/dd format. sdate=10/01 (October 01) edate=10/10 (October 10) I need the dates in between these 2 dates like below. 10/01 10/02 10/03 10/04 10/05 10/06 10/07 10/08 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
1 Replies
DateTime::Span(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       DateTime::Span(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Span - Datetime spans SYNOPSIS
use DateTime; use DateTime::Span; $date1 = DateTime->new( year => 2002, month => 3, day => 11 ); $date2 = DateTime->new( year => 2003, month => 4, day => 12 ); $set2 = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( start => $date1, end => $date2 ); # set2 = 2002-03-11 until 2003-04-12 $set = $set1->union( $set2 ); # like "OR", "insert", "both" $set = $set1->complement( $set2 ); # like "delete", "remove" $set = $set1->intersection( $set2 ); # like "AND", "while" $set = $set1->complement; # like "NOT", "negate", "invert" if ( $set1->intersects( $set2 ) ) { ... # like "touches", "interferes" if ( $set1->contains( $set2 ) ) { ... # like "is-fully-inside" # data extraction $date = $set1->start; # first date of the span $date = $set1->end; # last date of the span DESCRIPTION
"DateTime::Span" is a module for handling datetime spans, otherwise known as ranges or periods ("from X to Y, inclusive of all datetimes in between"). This is different from a "DateTime::Set", which is made of individual datetime points as opposed to a range. There is also a module "DateTime::SpanSet" to handle sets of spans. METHODS
o from_datetimes Creates a new span based on a starting and ending datetime. A 'closed' span includes its end-dates: $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( start => $dt1, end => $dt2 ); An 'open' span does not include its end-dates: $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( after => $dt1, before => $dt2 ); A 'semi-open' span includes one of its end-dates: $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( start => $dt1, before => $dt2 ); $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( after => $dt1, end => $dt2 ); A span might have just a beginning date, or just an ending date. These spans end, or start, in an imaginary 'forever' date: $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( start => $dt1 ); $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( end => $dt2 ); $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( after => $dt1 ); $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetimes( before => $dt2 ); You cannot give both a "start" and "after" argument, nor can you give both an "end" and "before" argument. Either of these conditions will cause the "from_datetimes()" method to die. To summarize, a datetime passed as either "start" or "end" is included in the span. A datetime passed as either "after" or "before" is excluded from the span. o from_datetime_and_duration Creates a new span. $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetime_and_duration( start => $dt1, duration => $dt_dur1 ); $span = DateTime::Span->from_datetime_and_duration( after => $dt1, hours => 12 ); The new "end of the set" is open by default. o clone This object method returns a replica of the given object. o set_time_zone( $tz ) This method accepts either a time zone object or a string that can be passed as the "name" parameter to "DateTime::TimeZone->new()". If the new time zone's offset is different from the old time zone, then the local time is adjusted accordingly. If the old time zone was a floating time zone, then no adjustments to the local time are made, except to account for leap seconds. If the new time zone is floating, then the UTC time is adjusted in order to leave the local time untouched. o duration The total size of the set, as a "DateTime::Duration" object, or as a scalar containing infinity. Also available as "size()". o start o end First or last dates in the span. It is possible that the return value from these methods may be a "DateTime::Infinite::Future" or a "DateTime::Infinite::Past"xs object. If the set ends "before" a date $dt, it returns $dt. Note that in this case $dt is not a set element - but it is a set boundary. o start_is_closed o end_is_closed Returns true if the first or last dates belong to the span ( begin <= x <= end ). o start_is_open o end_is_open Returns true if the first or last dates are excluded from the span ( begin < x < end ). o union o intersection o complement Set operations may be performed not only with "DateTime::Span" objects, but also with "DateTime::Set" and "DateTime::SpanSet" objects. These set operations always return a "DateTime::SpanSet" object. $set = $span->union( $set2 ); # like "OR", "insert", "both" $set = $span->complement( $set2 ); # like "delete", "remove" $set = $span->intersection( $set2 ); # like "AND", "while" $set = $span->complement; # like "NOT", "negate", "invert" o intersects o contains These set functions return a boolean value. if ( $span->intersects( $set2 ) ) { ... # like "touches", "interferes" if ( $span->contains( $dt ) ) { ... # like "is-fully-inside" These methods can accept a "DateTime", "DateTime::Set", "DateTime::Span", or "DateTime::SpanSet" object as an argument. SUPPORT
Support is offered through the "datetime@perl.org" mailing list. Please report bugs using rt.cpan.org AUTHOR
Flavio Soibelmann Glock <fglock@gmail.com> The API was developed together with Dave Rolsky and the DateTime Community. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Flavio Soibelmann Glock. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can distribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Set::Infinite For details on the Perl DateTime Suite project please see <http://datetime.perl.org>. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-22 DateTime::Span(3pm)