Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris REG-Internet Error(Network configuration) Post 302122897 by jagadhees on Thursday 21st of June 2007 11:27:24 PM
Old 06-22-2007
Thank you for your reply,

Here the following result of "ifconfig"

usage: ifconfig <interface> | -a[ 4 | 6 | D ][ u | d ]
[ <addr_family> ]
[ <address>[/<prefix_length>] [ <dest_address> ] ]
[ set [ <address>][/<prefix_length>] ] [ <address>/<prefix_length>] ]
[ destination <dest_address> ]
[ addif <address>[/<prefix_length>] [ <dest_address> ] ]
[ removeif <address>[/<prefix_length>] ]
[ arp | -arp ]
[ auto-revarp ]
[ broadcast <broad_addr> ]
[ index <if_index> ]
[ metric <n> ] [ mtu <n> ]
[ netmask <mask> ]
[ plumb ] [ unplumb ]
[ private | -private ]
[ local | -local ]
[ subnet <subnet_address>]
[ trailers | -trailers ]
[ token <address>/<prefix_length> ]
[ tsrc <tunnel_src_address> ]
[ tdst <tunnel_dest_address> ]
[ auth_algs <tunnel_AH_authentication_algorithm> ]
[ encr_algs <tunnel_ESP_encryption_algorithm> ]
[ encr_auth_algs <tunnel_ESP_authentication_algorithm> ]
[ up ] [ down ]
[ xmit | -xmit ]
[ modlist ]
[ modinsert <module_name@position> ]
[ modremove <module_name@position> ]
[ group <groupname>] | [ group ""]
[ deprecated | -deprecated ]
[ standby | -standby ]
[ failover | -failover ]
or
ifconfig <interface> | -a[ 4 | 6 | D ] [ u | d ]
auto-dhcp | dhcp
[ wait <time> | forever ]
[ primary ]
start | drop | ping | release | status | inform

Result Of tracerout,

# traceroute
Usage: traceroute [-adFIlnSvx] [-A address_family] [-c traffic_class]
[-f first_hop] [-g gateway [-g gateway ...]| -r] [-i iface]
[-L flow_label] [-m max_hop] [-P pause_sec] [-p port] [-Q max_timeout]
[-q nqueries] [-s src_addr] [-t tos] [-w wait_time] host [packetlen]
# traceroute google.com
traceroute: unknown host google.com

I leave from company at 6.00 PM Indian Standard Time,

Thanks,
Jagadhees

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp

How to connect to the Internet Using RH 7.2 i.e configuration plz Hlp.....cause I want to accsses to the Internet to download Help and application in the Red hat OS???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Network Configuration

Hi, I have installed a HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800 Server in one of the domain. And I'm also able to telnet/ping into this server from systems in the same domain. But I'm not able to telnet/ping into this server from a different domain. So, what shoud need to do to achieve this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Configuration in SCO 5.05

Hi, I'm trying to configure SCO's internet manager for access to the internet. However, when I start the config program, my desktop turns black & white (unless I minimize communicator's window -- then it turns back to normal). I type in the user id and password and it looks as if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Cannot connect to rest of network/internet

I have a solaris 9 system that cannot get to the internet and cannot ping outside of the router. I can ping any other system on this campus but when i try to ping any other system outside of the campus im on i get unreachable. Here is the systems info: ip: 10.241.3.254 subnet: 255.254.0.0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

6. Solaris

network configuration

hi again... i configured my network settings sometiime ago using the sys-unconfig command.the active link was rtls0. there was some problem with the network so i changed the ISP. now when im trying to reconfigure the system wit sys-unconfig, it tries to configure the network on rtls1 (and shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strider
1 Replies

7. SCO

Network Configuration

I have a SCO 5.07 Server and I am trying to get it on my network. I have edited the /etc/hosts file and /etc/rc2.d/s99route . I has connectivity on the NIC card but not sure if I am forgetting another file. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

how to configure my network to use the internet

i have a router from my isp provider 02. my internet works fine in windows but i am unable to use internet in solaris. when i tried ifconfig command i was able to see the lo0 which is my laoopback adapter. pls can someone advice. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuration

I am using solaris 10, my internet works alright but each time i reboot i keep loosing my connection. I will have to use the ifconfig iprb0 192.168.1.xx netmask 255.255.255.0 up and Route add default 192.168.1.xxx command to gain back my internet. I know there is a better way of addressing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Network configuration

Hi I have installed Solaris 5.10 on Intel x86 machine (standalone). I want to access internet through solaris. How should I configure the network? Is static IP or DHCP advisable? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
5 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)                                                      User Commands                                                     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -f, --first-hop=NUM Set initial hop distance, that is the time-to-live. -g, --gateways=GATES List of gateways for loose source routing. -I, --icmp Use ICMP ECHO as probe. -m, --max-hop=NUM Set maximal hop count (default is 64). -M, --type=METHOD Use METHOD (icmp or udp) for traceroute operations, defaulting to udp. -p, --port=PORT Use destination PORT port (default is 33434). -q, --tries=NUM Send NUM probe packets per hop (default is 3). --resolve-hostnames Resolve hostnames. -t, --tos=NUM Set type of service (TOS) to NUM. -w, --wait=NUM Wait NUM seconds for response (default is 3). -?, --help Give this help list. --usage Give a short usage message. -V, --version Print program version. GNU inetutils 2015-05-15 TRACEROUTE(1)