Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sql query results in unix shell script Post 302122389 by skyineyes on Wednesday 20th of June 2007 10:44:26 AM
Old 06-20-2007
sql query results in unix shell script

Hi

I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this.

1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse.
2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor.
3. Each row has 4 fields.

I want each of the field in individual shell script variable.

please provide the shell script code for the same.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use data in unix text file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi, I have data in my text file something like this. adams robert ahmed gibbs I want to use this data line by line as input to an sql query which i run by connecting to an oracle database from shell. If you have code for similar scenario , please ehlp. I want the output of the sql query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing SQL query using unix shell script

I want to perform few post-session success tasks like update a status to 'true' in one of the sql database table, update date values to current system date in one of the configuration table in sql. How do i achieve this in a post session command?syntax with example will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanvaithi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi, I am new to linux... How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux,i want ti generate it in param files, Can anyone please explain me. Ex: SQL> Select * from EMP; O/P: Emp_No Emp_Name 1 AAA 2 BBB 3 CCC and I want expected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read sql query into shell script?

Hello All, I'm trying to put together a shell script that will: 1. connect to an oracle database 2. execute a query 3. save the output to a csv file I know that I can execute the sqlplus -s user/pass @dbsid and get logged in. What I would like to do is have my query in a separate text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies
INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)							 1							INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)

ingres_num_rows - Get the number of rows affected or returned by a query

SYNOPSIS
int ingres_num_rows (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
This function primarily is meant to get the number of rows modified in the database. However, it can be used to retrieve the number of rows to fetch for a SELECT statement. Note If scrollable cursors are disabled and this function is called before using ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_object(3), or ingres_fetch_row(3), the server will delete the result's data and the script will be unable to get them. Instead, you should retrieve the result's data using one of these fetch functions in a loop until it returns FALSE, indicating that no more results are available. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result identifier for a query RETURN VALUES
For delete, insert, or update queries, ingres_num_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by the query. For other queries, ingres_num_rows(3) returns the number of rows in the query's result. SEE ALSO
ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3), ingres_fetch_row(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)