Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big Brother
Operating Systems AIX Big Brother Post 302122329 by kwliew999 on Wednesday 20th of June 2007 05:14:39 AM
Old 06-20-2007
Big Brother

Have anyone heard of "Big Brother"? This is a tool to monitor system with GUI screen and ease system administration work.
It can show you whether the system have CPU more than threshold by showing a green light or red light.. You can set any checking so that it will assist to monitor and show you the red, yellow or green light.
As I have received only the installation file as well as a website, I have no idea how to install and furthermore it appears as quite complicated.
May I know if anyone have installed and can assist to install?
Or
May I know if anyone have installed other software to have system performance monitoring in 1 screen for AIX?
Thanks in advance.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX community...help your Mac brother!

Hello, I have been a Macintosh user for many, many years. As you may know the latest MacOS ( OS X ) is UNIX based. (Please see http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/inside.html for more information.) Basically, I really have no idea where to start with UNIX...if anyone could take a quick... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: makemead
7 Replies

3. AIX

big brother monitoring tool - make failed

Hi, Does anyone has installed bb on a unix system ? I am trying to install bb on aix 5.3 but I have the following message: If someone can help me probably there is a tool that I need to install ? I don't have C compiler I install gcc instead and gcc++ etc ... bb:/home/bb/bb1.9g-btf/src/ $ make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies
libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)				      libcaca				      libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)

NAME
libcaca attribute definitions - Enumerations enum caca_color { CACA_BLACK = 0x00, CACA_BLUE = 0x01, CACA_GREEN = 0x02, CACA_CYAN = 0x03, CACA_RED = 0x04, CACA_MAGENTA = 0x05, CACA_BROWN = 0x06, CACA_LIGHTGRAY = 0x07, CACA_DARKGRAY = 0x08, CACA_LIGHTBLUE = 0x09, CACA_LIGHTGREEN = 0x0a, CACA_LIGHTCYAN = 0x0b, CACA_LIGHTRED = 0x0c, CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA = 0x0d, CACA_YELLOW = 0x0e, CACA_WHITE = 0x0f, CACA_DEFAULT = 0x10, CACA_TRANSPARENT = 0x20 } enum caca_style { CACA_BOLD = 0x01, CACA_ITALICS = 0x02, CACA_UNDERLINE = 0x04, CACA_BLINK = 0x08 } Detailed Description Colours and styles that can be used with caca_set_attr(). Enumeration Type Documentation enum caca_color libcaca colour keyword Enumerator: CACA_BLACK The colour index for black. CACA_BLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_GREEN The colour index for green. CACA_CYAN The colour index for cyan. CACA_RED The colour index for red. CACA_MAGENTA The colour index for magenta. CACA_BROWN The colour index for brown. CACA_LIGHTGRAY The colour index for light gray. CACA_DARKGRAY The colour index for dark gray. CACA_LIGHTBLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_LIGHTGREEN The colour index for light green. CACA_LIGHTCYAN The colour index for light cyan. CACA_LIGHTRED The colour index for light red. CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA The colour index for light magenta. CACA_YELLOW The colour index for yellow. CACA_WHITE The colour index for white. CACA_DEFAULT The output driver's default colour. CACA_TRANSPARENT The transparent colour. enum caca_style libcaca style keyword Enumerator: CACA_BOLD The style mask for bold. CACA_ITALICS The style mask for italics. CACA_UNDERLINE The style mask for underline. CACA_BLINK The style mask for blink. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libcaca from the source code. Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)