Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What am I doing wrong?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What am I doing wrong? Post 302122172 by demonpants on Tuesday 19th of June 2007 01:00:20 PM
Old 06-19-2007
1) I am moving, I messed up on the comment.
2) I have quote mixes left over from trying all different combinations of things to get it to work. So there is absolutely no difference?
3) I had the quotes there because this is where my error is being reported. Here is the error.

Code:
/Users/eli/Desktop/HoMM V Map Mover.sh: line 28: syntax error near unexpected to'en `
'Users/eli/Desktop/HoMM V Map Mover.sh: line 28: `for file in *.h5m;

Line 28 is
Code:
for file in *.h5m;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong

When I execute following shell script I am getting the following error syntax error at line 50 : `<<' unmatched What am I doing wrong :confused: Script begins here ---------------- MPAN_FILE=$1 exec 3<$MPAN_FILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please tell me what do I do wrong here!

#!/usr/bin/csh # DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` mailx -s "$H-Myfile" email@email.com</home/mydir/myfile Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anything wrong with this

Does anyone see anything wrong with this. #getInfraFiles() #{ # cd Infra/$DAY # rm * # /usr/bin/ftp -i -n $LINE << cmd # user "$USER" "$PASSWD" # cd $INFRAPATH # binary # mget * # bye #} besides that its commented out (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong here

Hello, I have a simple script such as ----------------------------- #! /bin/sh YEAR=`date -u +%Y`; MONTH=`date -u +%m`; DAY=`date -u +%d`; DATE=$MONTH$DAY$YEAR LOGFILES=auditTrail-$DATE LOGMATCH=$LOGFILES\* ARGUM='' # find all files and write them to a file find . -name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong with this tr -d?

here is my command in bash shell on Mac OS X tiger: history | tr -d emacs here is what I get: hitory | grp "" | tr -d "" hitory | grp "" | tr -d """" hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d '' hitory | grp "" | tr -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what I m doing wrong?

when user select option 2 nothing happen.for testing purpose I put echo command but is not executing . basically when user prompt for option 2,I want to get list of database name from user separeted by space (TEST DEVL) and put into the file seprated by new line TEST DEVL after that stay on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: okreporthai
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong in here ???

]#PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/bin:/boot/grub:/boot/grup/bin: /boot/solaris/bin:/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/5bin://usr/X11/bin:/usr/apache/bin:/usr/apache2/bin:/usr/appserver/bin:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there anything wrong?

For one of my script, I want one extra parameter needs to be added to one of the Usage option. Below its given #Check Input parameters are valid if ; then function usage() { echo echo "*******************************************" echo " !!! USAGE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong here?

I am working on a simple login ID check shell script that should prompt for a user ID then check to see if this user is logged on. Trying to get the hang of this stuff so I am thinking of my own little projects. #! /bin/sh echo "please enter a user name" read user if user=$user then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
Bio::Map::LinkageMap(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Map::LinkageMap(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Map::LinkageMap - A representation of a genetic linkage map. SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Map::LinkageMap; # create a new map my $map = Bio::Map::LinkageMap->new(-name => 'Chads Superterriffic Map', -type => 'Linkage', -units=> 'cM'); # create the location of a marker for that map my $position = Bio::Map::LinkagePosition->new( -positions => 1, -distance => "22.3"); # create a marker and place it at that position my $marker = Bio::Map::Marker::Microsatellite->new( -name => 'SuuuperMarker', -position => $position); # place that marker on that map $map->add_element($marker); # done! DESCRIPTION
This object describes the basic functionality of a genetic linkage map in Bioperl. Each 'position' can have one or more markers that map some number of units from the markers at the previous position. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Chad Matsalla Email bioinformatics1@dieselwurks.com CONTRIBUTORS
Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki-at-bioperl-dot-org Jason Stajich jason@bioperl.org Sendu Bala bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $linkage_map = Bio::Map::LinkageMap->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Map::LinkageMap object Returns : Bio::Map::LinkageMap Args : -name => the name of the map (string) [optional] -type => the type of this map (string, defaults to Linkage) [optional] -species => species for this map (Bio::Species) [optional] -units => the map units (string, defaults to cM) [optional] -elements=> elements to initialize with (arrayref of Bio::Map::MappableI objects) [optional] -uid => Unique ID of this map length Title : length Usage : my $length = $map->length(); Function: Retrieves the length of the map. In the case of a LinkageMap, the length is the sum of all marker distances. Returns : An integer representing the length of this LinkageMap. Will return 0 if length is not calculateable Args : None. add_element($marker) Title : add_element($marker) Usage : $map->add_element($marker) Function: Add a Bio::Map::MappableI object to the Map Returns : none Args : Bio::Map::MappableI object Notes : It is strongly recommended that you use a Bio::Map::LinkagePosition as the position in any Bio::Map::Mappable that you create to place on this map. Using some other Bio::Map::Position might work but might be unpredictable. N.B. I've added Bio::Map::OrderedPosition which should achieve similar things from LinkagePosition and will work for RH markers too. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Map::LinkageMap(3pm)