Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is wrong with my awk statment? Post 302121941 by hankooknara on Monday 18th of June 2007 11:27:33 PM
Old 06-19-2007
I guess today is me figuring stuff out day?

awk '$1 ~/hi/ && $3 ~/never/' data.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hwo do I print ' in an awk statment?

hi 2 all, I'm trying 2 print " ' " in an awk statement but the sign deosn't show. The only way I came with is 2 declare the ' as a variable and call that variable. I'm trying 2 do: awk '{printf("insert into ba_memo_01 values ('%s');",$1)}' and get the output: insert into ba_memo_01 values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraka
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is wrong in this awk or grep ....

hi champs, i have a strange problem, let , i have a array1, whose 1st character is ${array1}=h let i want to search test.txt by awk/grep where the 1st character is the ${array1}.... if i am seraching by awk/grep by using variable..it return no rows from test.txt... awk -v find=${array1}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

-F option and - V in a single awk statment

Please let me know if I can use -F option and - V in a single awk statment. I want to import some comma separated shell variables using -F option and defining some static variables inside awk using -v option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk... what is wrong?

Hi there, what is wrong with this? grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' | read var1 var2 echo "$var1" echo "$var2" Both variable are empty, but if i run: grep ">>" alarms_temp | awk '{print substr($5, 2), $7}' I have: 0 9 as a result. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

ZSCORE=$(awk "BEGIN {if($STDEVIATE>0) {print ZSCORER=$(awk "BEGIN{print (${ALL} - ${AVERAGE}) / ${STDEVIATE}}")}else print "0"}") awk: fatal: division by zero attempted awk: BEGIN {if(0==0) {print ZSCORER=}else print 0} awk: ^ syntax error ALL=9 STDEVIATE=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk

echo "abc:bcd" |awk '{split($0,b,":");print "b" is good }' I want to "bcd" is good , anything is wrong with my, please don't change my thought with split, I just want to know what's wrong :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this awk?

I have a file and if I'm doing following action on that file it's coming up correctly awk -F"," '/DATA_TYPE/ { cnt += $3 } END { print " DATA_TYPE count=" cnt}' inter DATA_TYPE count=19593131 now if I'm changing same AWK, so that now it can accept variable, then it's somehow not working.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this awk statement?

echo $line | awk -F, "BEGIN {if(NF==10) && /'"${MONTH}"' '"${DAY}"' '"${TIMEH}:"'/,0 {print $10"-"$4} else {print $13"-"$4}}" if the fields in the line is equal to 10, print the values of this specified fields "$10 and $4". if the fields in the line is anything but 10, print the values of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk code?

Hi there, I am trying to select a number of lines based on the lat. lon columns in a file but my awk code gives me empty result. Here is my file: 20100213 102212 33.1185 39.4078 2.9 20100214 141753 33.1058 39.9068 2.9 20100218 115828 33.1907 39.3575 2.9 20100225 220001 33.1932 39.9448... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
10 Replies
CALENDAR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CALENDAR(1)

NAME
calendar - reminder service SYNOPSIS
calendar [-] [-r] OPTIONS
- Work for every user and send mail to him -r Restrict multiple execution on the same day EXAMPLES
calendar # Check calendar file in current directory calendar # Normary used under the control of cron(8) calendar -r # Normary used in /etc/rc file DESCRIPTION
Basically calendar program consults the file calendar in the current directory and display lines which contain today's or tomorrow's date. Month-day formats such as '12/25', 'Dec. 25', 'december 25', '*/25', '12/*', '*/*' are recognized. The asterisk means 'all' days or 'all' months. On weekends 'tomorrow' extends through next Monday without any consideration about holidays. To prevent ambiguity, the formats '25 Dec.' and '25/12' are not recognized. When an argument - is present, calendar works for all users with a file calendar in their login directories and sends them mail. Normally this is done daily under the control of cron. The -r option does its the same job as - option, but touches the calendar to prevents further access on the same day. Normally this is done in the /etc/rc file on a machine which may be booted several times in one day. SEE ALSO
cron(8). CALENDAR(1)