Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Should Paris Hilton be in Jail? Post 302121629 by Neo on Sunday 17th of June 2007 12:46:43 PM
Old 06-17-2007
Should Paris Hilton be in Jail?

Enough of boring techie topics!! Vote on Paris Hilton and her jail time!! What do you think?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how can i jail a user?

I created a user useradd -d /disk2/ftpfiles me How would i beable to jail me so he could not move arround my file system? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to Jail ftp user

Hi Gurus, I am creating a user for ftp only on Solaris 10. However while testing I can see user can reach to root directory. I followed following while creating the user 1 Created a shell in /usr/bin/ftponly as chmod a+x to ftponly 2 Placed the entry in /etc/shells ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh jail user

I have a developer that needs ssh access to a server to get to a specific directory. I want to restrict them to that directory. I've tried to set their shell as rksh which does jail them but only if they are using ssh from another unix system. If they are using putty or winscp they can still... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How to jail a process in his repertory ?

Hi all, I want to jail a process in his folder, so he can't have any link with a parent folder. Ex. If i'm a hacker, and I can upload my script & and I can start it, i'll could go to ../, /etc/passwd, etc.. So what I did is to chroot the process : I copied all libraries used by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deb.I.am
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to jail a process?

Hello people, I'm creating a web game control panel, where people can manage their gameserver on a php made control panel. But i have no idea how to create an jailed inviroment for the gameserver, I've looked at possebilites for chroot, but i don't want the gameserver has any binaries of linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gm33
1 Replies
GETVFSBYNAME(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   GETVFSBYNAME(3)

NAME
getvfsbyname -- get information about a file system LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int getvfsbyname(const char *name, struct xvfsconf *vfc); DESCRIPTION
The getvfsbyname() function provides access to information about a file system module that is configured in the kernel. If successful, the requested file system xvfsconf is returned in the location pointed to by vfc. The fields in a ``struct xvfsconf'' are defined as follows: vfc_name the name of the file system vfc_typenum the file system type number assigned by the kernel vfc_refcount the number of active mount points using the file system vfc_flags flag bits, as described below The flags are defined as follows: VFCF_STATIC statically compiled into kernel VFCF_NETWORK may get data over the network VFCF_READONLY writes are not implemented VFCF_SYNTHETIC data does not represent real files VFCF_LOOPBACK aliases some other mounted FS VFCF_UNICODE stores file names as Unicode VFCF_JAIL can be mounted from within a jail if security.jail.mount_allowed sysctl is set to 1 VFCF_DELEGADMIN supports delegated administration if vfs.usermount sysctl is set to 1 RETURN VALUES
The getvfsbyname() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The following errors may be reported: [EFAULT] The vfc argument points to an invalid address. [ENOENT] The name argument specifies a file system that is unknown or not configured in the kernel. SEE ALSO
jail(2), mount(2), sysctl(3), jail(8), mount(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A variant of the getvfsbyname() function first appeared in FreeBSD 2.0. BSD
April 5, 2007 BSD