Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find the cdrom
Operating Systems Solaris Find the cdrom Post 302121460 by vibhor_agarwali on Thursday 14th of June 2007 01:15:58 AM
Old 06-14-2007
Earlier i was trying without a CD.

Now inserted one, but no progress...

bash-3.00# iostat -En
sd0 Soft Errors: 2 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: HL-DT-ST Product: RW/DVD GCC-4481B Revision: E106 Serial No:
Size: 0.04GB <38227968 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 2 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

iostat gives the above error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cdrom

How would I mount a cdrom drive in Unix (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hordak
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount cdrom

Info: Alpha Server ES40, True64 Unix 4.0F Symptom: root#file /dev/rrz*c root#. . /dev/rrz24c: character special (8/49154) EIDE #3 CDR-8435 disk #192 (scsi ID #0) (SCSI LUN #0) offline root#mount -r /dev/rz24c /mnt root#/dev/rz24c on /mnt: I/O error pls help me, i don't know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting cdrom

Hey everyone, Quick question...I am trying to get packages off a cdrom for NETBSD. I tried mounting using this command mount /dev/rccd0a /etc/home/cdrom. But I just get an error. I did a dmesg |grep ^cd and it said that my cdrom was at cd0.? Am I doing something wrong.? Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaff4k
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cannot find boot device and won't boot off cdrom

I'm running solaris 2.5.1. My main development server is DEAD, i can't even boot off the cdrom, it powers up, acts like it is starting the boot process but then says cannot find boot device. I've done the search here on this site and saw the other posts, but at the ok prompt it won't even let me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

5. Solaris

could not find cdrom

on solaris 10, when I injected my cd to the dvdrom, the cdrom did not mount by itself. how can I mount the cdrom manually? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

6. Solaris

from where i can find the CDROM device

Hi, I attached the CDROM device in sun 2500 system , Now i want to mount this device. From where i can find the CDROM device. Thnx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aamir Sahil
2 Replies

7. SCO

cdrom will not mount

I am trying to mount my a cd in my SCO 5.0.7 box and keep getting this: Alessandra! -->#mount -r /dev/cd0 /mnt mount: cannot stat '/dev/cd0' Alessandra! -->hwconfig name=kernel vec=- dma=- rel=3.2v5.0.7 kid=2003-02-18 name=cpu vec=- dma=- unit=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

8. Solaris

not able to boot from cdrom

Hi all am trying to boot the system from cdrom in single user mode , however when i am giving command boot cdrom -s i am getting below error Boot Device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0: f file and args: Can't read disk label Can't open disk label package can,t open boot device ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't mount cdrom

Hi there I am trying to mount a cdrom using: mount /cdrom and I get the error: mount: mount point cannot be determined If I try the command mount cdrom /cdrom nfs mount: nfs file system; use path I tried running mountall and mountall -F NFS but to no avail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamh
3 Replies

10. Solaris

can't boot cdrom

iam traying to install o/s in spark machine it showing error ok >boot cdrom is showing error short disk read failed to read superblock the file just loaded does not appear to excutable how to solve this can u help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
6 Replies
IOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual							 IOSTAT(1)

NAME
iostat - Report Central Processing Unit (CPU) statistics and input/output statistics for devices and partitions. SYNOPSIS
iostat [ -c | -d ] [ -k ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ -x [ device ] ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The iostat command is used for monitoring system input/output device loading by observing the time the devices are active in relation to their average transfer rates. The iostat command generates reports that can be used to change system configuration to better balance the input/output load between physical disks. The first report generated by the iostat command provides statistics concerning the time since the system was booted. Each subsequent report covers the time since the previous report. All statistics are reported each time the iostat command is run. The report consists of a CPU header row followed by a row of CPU statistics. On multiprocessor systems, CPU statistics are calculated system-wide as averages among all processors. A device header row is displayed followed by a line of statistics for each device that is configured. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. The count param- eter can be specified in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports generated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the iostat com- mand generates reports continuously. REPORTS
The iostat command generates two types of reports, the CPU Utilization report and the Device Utilization report. CPU Utilization Report The first report generated by the iostat command is the CPU Utilization Report. For multiprocessor systems, the CPU values are global averages among all processors. The report has the following format: %user Show the percentage of CPU utilization that occurred while executing at the user level (application). %nice Show the percentage of CPU utilization that occurred while executing at the user level with nice priority. %sys Show the percentage of CPU utilization that occurred while executing at the system level (kernel). %idle Show the percentage of time that the CPU or CPUs were idle. Device Utilization Report The second report generated by the iostat command is the Device Utilization Report. The device report provides statistics on a per physical device or partition basis. The report may show the following fields, depending on whether -x and -k options are used or not: Device: This column gives the device name, which is displayed as hdiskn with 2.2 kernels, for the nth device. It is displayed as devm-n with newer kernels, where m is the major number of the device, and n a distinctive number. When -x option is used, the device name as listed in the /dev directory is displayed. tps Indicate the number of transfers per second that were issued to the device. A transfer is an I/O request to the device. Mul- tiple logical requests can be combined into a single I/O request to the device. A transfer is of indeterminate size. Blk_read/s Indicate the amount of data read from the drive expressed in a number of blocks per second. Blocks are equivalent to sectors with post 2.4 kernels and therefore have a size of 512 bytes. With older kernels, a block is of indeterminate size. Blk_wrtn/s Indicate the amount of data written to the drive expressed in a number of blocks per second. Blk_read The total number of blocks read. Blk_wrtn The total number of blocks written. kB_read/s Indicate the amount of data read from the drive expressed in kilobytes per second. Data displayed are valid only with kernels 2.4 and later. kB_wrtn/s Indicate the amount of data written to the drive expressed in kilobytes per second. Data displayed are valid only with ker- nels 2.4 and later. kB_read The total number of kilobytes read. Data displayed are valid only with kernels 2.4 and later. kB_wrtn The total number of kilobytes written. Data displayed are valid only with kernels 2.4 and later. rrqm/s The number of read requests merged per second that were issued to the device. wrqm/s The number of write requests merged per second that were issued to the device. r/s The number of read requests that were issued to the device per second. w/s The number of write requests that were issued to the device per second. rsec/s The number of sectors read from the device per second. wsec/s The number of sectors written to the device per second. rkB/s The number of kilobytes read from the device per second. wkB/s The number of kilobytes written to the device per second. avgrq-sz The average size (in sectors) of the requests that were issued to the device. avgqu-sz The average queue length of the requests that were issued to the device. await The average time (in milliseconds) for I/O requests issued to the device to be served. svctm The average service time (in milliseconds) for I/O requests that were issued to the device. %util Percentage of CPU time during which I/O requests were issued to the device. OPTIONS
-c The -c option is exclusive of the -d option and displays only the cpu usage report. -d The -d option is exclusive of the -c option and displays only the device utilization report. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second instead of blocks per second. Data displayed are valid only with kernels 2.4 and later. -t Print the time for each report displayed. -V Print version number and usage then exit. -x device Display extended statistics. If no device is given on the command line, then extended statistics are displayed for every device reg- istered in the /proc/partitions file. Please note that Linux kernel needs to be patched for this option to work. ENVIRONMENT
The iostat command takes into account the following environment variable: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The iostat command will use the ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. EXAMPLES
iostat Display a single history since boot report for all CPU and Devices. iostat -d 2 Display a continuous device report at two second intervals. iostat -d 2 6 Display six reports at two second intervals for all devices. BUGS
/proc filesystem must be mounted for iostat to work. FILE
/proc/stat contains system statisitics. /proc/partitions contains statistics for the devices. AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard <sebastien.godard@wanadoo.fr> SEE ALSO
vmstat(8), sar(1), mpstat(1) http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2002 IOSTAT(1)