Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How Can I Create A Volume Group With Two Hard Disks On Hp-ux C-3750 Post 302121362 by kapilraj on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 11:32:38 AM
Old 06-13-2007
I assume you have LVM. In that case,

pvcreate /dev/rdsk/cXtXdX # cXtXdX is the unused disk.
vgextend /dev/<vgname> /dev/dsk/cXtXdX
lvextend -L <size> /dev/<vgname>/<lvol_name>

if [ you have Online JFS ]
then
fsadm .... # check the syntax
else
umount /mountpoint
extendfs /dev/<vgname>/r<lvol_name>
mount /mountpoint
fi

Pheww......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

2. AIX

Moving a Logical Volume from one Volume Group to Another

Does anyone have any simple methods for moving a current logical volume from one volume group to another? I do not wish to move the data from one physical volume to another. Basically, I want to "relink" the logical volume to exist in a different volume group. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisw
2 Replies

3. AIX

Logical volume name conflict in two volume group

Hello, I am a french computer technician, and i speak English just a little. On Aix 5.3, I encounter a name conflict logical volume on two volume group. The first volume lvnode01 is OK in rootvg and mounted. It is also consistent in the ODM root # lsvg -l rootvg |grep lvnode01 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
10 Replies

4. Red Hat

Check disks not in a volume group?

Hello, How can I obtain a lists of disks with their size (anytype: SAN LUNs, internal disks, etc.) attached to the system and not being extended inside a volume group? The purpose of this list is to be part of a function of a script that I'm doing in order to resize filesystems and in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
6 Replies

5. AIX

Create new Volume Group

Good afternoon all, I'll probably confuse everyone as I'm a Windows guy dealing with AIX 6.1 and can't quite figure out how to do something. I have a P520 server running 2 LPARs and we have an IVM (not HMC).Within the IVM under Virtual Storage Management, when I check the Physical Volumes, I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spellbound
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create an for loop for adding an disk in veritas volume group.

Hi Experts I need an script to add an disk in to the veritas volume manager disk group. For example: # cd /tmp # view disk c6t5d2 c6t2d1 c6t3d7 c6t11d2 c7t11d2 c6t11d6 Normally we add the disk like this: # vxdg -g freedg freedisk01=c6t5d2 # vxdg -g freedg freedisk02=c6t2d1 #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_preet
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Create volume using LVM over 2 physical disks

I wanted to know how we can combine volumes over 2 physical drives. # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.11 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)