Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tcopy
Operating Systems Solaris tcopy Post 302121141 by suntac on Tuesday 12th of June 2007 03:48:06 AM
Old 06-12-2007
If you really really sure this is an error in tcopy you can donwload the source from the location I posted before, make the modifications and re-compile... however.... a better solution is to use the sourcecode to find out why this error is raised and try to find out if there is something else wrong...

editing the code is something you only want to do if you are a 100% sure this is a bug..... are you a 100% sure? If so you can also raise a bug at the development team to ask them if they can have a look and if te want to give it a try to solve it.

Regards,
Johan Louwers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbiahvin
where i can able to edit the source code,to use the drive.can u pls guide me
to get the solution.

tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)