Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and insert between Pattrens... Post 302120954 by pbsrinivas on Monday 11th of June 2007 12:48:50 AM
Old 06-11-2007
Search and insert between Pattrens...

Hi Every One...

I wanted to inserted a line in between matched pattrens..

Ex...

InPut File..

WRITEQ
TS
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
cccccccccccccccccccccccc
SOME PATTREN's
RESP ( WS-RESP )
END-EXEC

Out Put...

WRITEQ
TS
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
cccccccccccccccccccccccc
SOME PATTREN's
dddddddddddddddddddddddd
TSQCHG MAIN
RESP ( WS-RESP )
END-EXEC

I have Tried Some thing of this sort...

/[ ]*WRITEQ/,/[ ]*END-EXEC{ /[ ]*RESP/a\
TSQCHG MAIN/;}

Search for lines between WRITEQ and END-EXEC and on matched ones after RESP insert TSQCHG MAIN
but this doesnot work.... Gives some error while running...

sed: 0602-403 /[ ]*WRITEQ/,/[ ]*END-EXEC{ /[ ]*RESP/a\
TSQCHG MAIN/;} is not a recognized function.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and insert

how can i modify a file using sed when searching for a pattern and insert newline after the pattern? pattern example: $ ...(any characters)...$ $ may082001.../tmp/msg.001,,$ REPT CLEAR ALARMS ON UNIT 1 $ may082001.../tmp/msg.002,,$ UNIT 1 IN SERVICE into: $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to change a set of lines between two given Pattrens

Hi All I have a Small Requiement I wanted to replace all the Follwing lines as follows Input:: file1 EVALUATE WS-TEMP-ATTR(15:1) WHEN 'D' MOVE DFHDARK TO WS-ATTR-COLOR WHEN OTHER MOVE DFHDFT ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens.

i wanted to search between pattrens so i used awk /"EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS"/,/END-IF/ but the some change is AAAAAAAA EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS IF ..... END-IF.... XXXXXx XXX IF (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens with one string in one or other line........

Hi have a lots of files with this type of code Example--1 PROCEDURE DIVISION USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--2 PROCEDURE DIVISION Some Commented Lines.... USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--3 (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a line and insert string into specific at position

Hi, guys. I have one question: How can I search for a line with certain string in it and then insert a string into this line? For example: There is a file called shadow, the contents of it are below: ************************** ... yuanz:VIRADxMsadfDF/Q:0:0:50:7:::... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - search for string and insert line above

Hi,, Please excuse my lack of knowledge here. I think I am tring to do something fairly advanced yet am a bit of a beginner..... I want to use a korn shell (as is the norm with others in my company) to write a script to search a file for a string and insert some text above that line. Sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoDarley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Insert

Hi All I got one problem and want your help,what i want to do is Input 123 key0=A;B;C;:key1=X;Y;Z;: here 123 is a username I should search the username (in this case it is 123) in file and if found it should insert the additional string D as below Here 123 and key are tab seperated ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for / and insert \ for every instance

Hi, I want to do a sed (linux) or the alternative in PHP to insert a backslash in front of every occurrence of every forward slash ex. /archive/data/stanley --> \/archive\/data\/stanley I appreciate it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Insert

I have a following file: # User defined in group admin = boss, sysadmin phpteam = php1, php2, php3 rubyteam = ruby1, ruby2 # SVN root should only be access by boss and system admin @admin = rw * = # Main web repository should only be access by boss and system admin, others... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a certain char and insert new text if a match found

Have a file which has the create statement like below create table emp ( empno integer, empname char(50)) primary index(empno); i need to find a string starting with create and ends with semi-colon ;. if so insert the below statement before create statement rename table emp to emp_rename;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
2 Replies
DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)						      dh-exec							  DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)

NAME
dh-exec-subst - Debhelper executable file substition scripts SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=subst. It is a wrapper around the various other substitution helpers, and will pipe the input file through all the available substitution helpers. It is up to these scripts to do the actual work. When a helper fails to expand a variable within its input, it will leave it as-is, so that later in the pipeline it can perhaps be expanded by another program. SCRIPTS
dh-exec-subst-env Substitutes any of the available, exported environment variables into its input. It does not do any kind of filtering: whatever is available in the environment, will be available for substitution, however unsafe that may be. dh-exec-subst-multiarch Attempts to expand any of the variables known to dpkg-architecture(1), mostly useful for multi-arch support. The command will query dpkg-architecture(1) directly, and does not rely on environment variables set (as the called program will prefer already set environment variables anyway). ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-subst-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-subst is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)