Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to find where sendmail is Post 302120840 by the_learner on Friday 8th of June 2007 12:55:16 PM
Old 06-08-2007
oh ok got it:

whereis sendmail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail

Hello all, does anybory know if that's possible to masquerate the root user name when root sends an e-mail using sendmail. My problem is to change the sender from root@domainname to otheruser@domainname. Thanks HTT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail

Looking for a place to find instructions to load sendmail for a solaris 8 box on an intel platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail

We have two SMTP servers and we want to configure them to relay e-mails to the internet. Our point is: We have to configure both SMTP servers to relay the e-mails, in order to, if the first one is down , the Sendmail should relay to the secondary SMTP server. Is there any way to do that? We use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail

Am runnning sendmail on a Linux box that has connection to 2 ISP. I use on ISP to send external email. How do i restrict sendmail to using the link to my email isp even when i have set my default gateway to my nonemail isp on the linux box? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skykay
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail 8.11

Anyone have any idea why only root can send mail. SCO 6.0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
whereis(1)						      General Commands Manual							whereis(1)

NAME
whereis - Locates files for programs SYNOPSIS
whereis [-bms] [-u] [-BMS directory... -f] program... The whereis command locates source, binary, and/or reference page files for the specified program program. OPTIONS
The -b, -m, and -s options can be used in combination to restrict the search. Searches for an executable program. Searches for the refer- ence page for a program. Searches for the sources of a program. Use the -B, -M, and -S options to change or limit the places whereis searches. Specifies the binary directories to search. Specifies the reference page directories to search. Specifies the source directories to search. The other options that can be used with whereis are as follows: Terminates the last directory list and signals the start of program names. Used with other options to indicate when there is no file for program in the default or specified directory or directories (source, binary, or reference page). DESCRIPTION
The whereis program locates source, binary, and reference pages for the specified programs. When looking for a match, the program names are stripped of leading pathname components and any trailing extensions of the form (for example, s. resulting from the use of the Source Code Control System see sccs(1), are also handled. The default directories searched by the whereis command are as follows: /etc /etc/nls /sbin /usr/bin /usr/lbin /usr/lbin/spell /usr/ccs/lib /usr/lib /usr/local /usr/hosts /usr/sbin EXAMPLES
To find files matching cat in the default source, binary, and reference directories, enter: whereis cat To search for reference pages for app13 in the directory /usr/local/man, enter: whereis -M /usr/local/man -f -f appl3 To find the programs in /usr/bin that do not have ref- erence pages in /usr/share/man/man1 with source files in /usr/src/cmd, enter: whereis -u -M /usr/share/man/man1 -S /usr/src/cmd -f /usr/bin/* To find which files in the current directory either have no reference pages in the default reference directories or have more than one, enter: whereis -m -u * FILES
Default binary directories. Default binary directories. Default reference directories. Default source directories. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), find(1), man(1), which(1), catman(8) whereis(1)