Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Very complicated script..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Very complicated script.. Post 302120802 by matrixmadhan on Friday 8th of June 2007 09:15:52 AM
Old 06-08-2007
Quote:
So, If ye dare, if yes be brave enough, then step forward to help me with this ---please.
What does this mean ? Smilie

Try this,

Code:
#! /bin/zsh

typeset -l file

index=1
find . -name '*.*' -print | while read file
do
  mv $file `echo $file | sed 's/-//g'`"."$index
  index=$(($index + 1))
done

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with complicated script (reading directories, extracting data)

Hi, people. I was searching script tutorials/examples and found this forum, and thought to ask for help, because there seems to be many wise people here. (Try to bare with me, I'm a Windows user, so this stuff is somewhat strange to me, OK? :rolleyes: ) Anyways, I need to create a script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gill Bates
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

More complicated log parsing

Hey Guys, I am trying to grep within a file to find and output certain parts of lines to other file(s). The output files need to have a dynamic file name based on a field in the main log. The problem is that every line of the log is not the same, and often not even similar. To explain... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjug
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complicated(?) grep

Hi all, I need help to figure out this grep. I would like to search all files in a directory for the occurrence of abc AND xyz. I started with this: grep -i abc * | grep xyz But this only returns lines which contain both values on the same line. So I am thinking that I need to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khearnen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seems Complicated but would b happy if its possible

Hey guys, I m here again with (may b) a silly query n sorry for that, I am new to UNIX n all so don't kno much @ it. Thro' a script I am generating an output (It is a TXT file) After generating it, I get it to windows n mails it by dragging n dropping it in lotus mail new mail window. Is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with script - output to file, but complicated

ok, so what i want to do is make a script that will do the following: take out from a command in the terminal put that output into a text file already on my computer. the only thing is that i need to put the output in the file kinda weird: i need to take it and put each character of output... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: twoodcc
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Search replace - complicated

I have a text file for which i need a script which does some fancy search and replace. Basically i want to loop through each line, if i find an occurance of certain string format then i want to carry on search on replace another line, once i replaced this line i will contine to search for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris? Is it really this complicated?

Hello Everybody, I am a mid-level Linux administrator trying to get a hold of Solaris. So far, my experience has been painful. I think it's confusing and it's just a big mess... To be more specific, I have noticed that whenever I install a package... it never followed a specific pattern.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated string

I have a data file example 10302|77747373|442422442|290209|244242|"234|2352"|92482892 It has about 5000 rows the same way in that field. Needs to look like this.... I need to remove the quotes but the more difficult thing is to remove the pipe between the quotes because there is a pipe... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on a fairly complicated shell script

Hello, also with the help of some great users of this forum, I have created following shell script. MM=120 GG=5000 # get size of directory szm=$(du -s --block-size M ./192.168.1.xxx | awk '{print int($0)}') data=$(date --rfc-3339=seconds) if ; then # too big delete older files ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance on complicated perl script

As a followup to my previous thread, I'm trying to make a complicated perl script that involves storing information from a text file into a hash, and giving the user the ability to change the information present/write the information currently inside the hash to a new file. This is the code I've... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
8 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)