Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Recovering 5.0.7 from Bootable CD Post 302120693 by jgt on Thursday 7th of June 2007 03:54:15 PM
Old 06-07-2007
If the CD was made from the system, then you don't need to specify the boot string. Just press enter.
Then when you get the shell prompt run fdisk, divvy and restore the files using a program appropriate for the .bak files, (probably cpio or restore).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recovering lost files

I noticed this in a search for more security tools... It IS possible to "undelete" a file; I suppose recover would be a better term for it. I suppose we've all made the boo-boo (that we all hopefully learned from) of deleting a file, and finding that you do not have a backup. I wouldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. SCO

HELP! Recovering system from New Orleans!!

I am helping a company recover a system that is SCO OS 5.0.5 - they have their backup media, cd copies of SCO, but they do not have their license keys to install and SCO is being difficult in validating their license. Does anyone have an install license key for 5.0.5 that they would be willing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggraham
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recovering files removed with rm

Hello, I was reading the manual on rm and it states that when you use 'rm' the files are usual recoverable, how is this done? Does it assume that a backup system is in place? Cheers Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help recovering a backed up file

Hello, By accident I erased a file at work and I need to restore it from a backup tape. My manager says I will have to use the mt command with the fsf option to look through the tape but I am confuzed. I did a restore -t to get a listing of the tape. This is taking a long time. If I sound... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

MPI, recovering node

Hi all, I'm writing an MPI application, in which I handle failures and recover them. In order to do that, in case of one node failure, I would like to remove that node from the MPI_COMM_WORLD group and continue with the remaining nodes. Does anybody know how I can do that? I'm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

7. AIX

Recovering a failed system

Hi,My system is not booting and at the startup it is getting struck.In HMC error code is coming as 0000, I know the reason of failing.I have few queries on recovery, please answer:1. I have mksysb of the system from which I can restore the system but problem is my few application mount point was a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixpank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recovering cron job

I deleted one of the job from the cron tab. I want to get it back. How can i do this. pplease suggest me.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
1 Replies

9. SCO

Recovering OpenServer 5.0.6 onto different hardware

I'm sorting out the disaster recovery plan for a critical server. It's a Dell PowerEdge 2850 running Openserver 5.0.6a. We have a disaster recovery agreement with HP and they have just confirmed that in the event of a total disaster such as the server being totally wiped out, they would NOT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcardle
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recovering a deleted directory

I accidentally deleted a very important directory today with this rm -r. What would be the recommended way to recover my directory? After a lot of googleing I have seen these choices. Could I get some recommendations please? Testdisk Photorec- Doesn't recover file name like I would like. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies
cpio.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     cpio.h(3HEAD)

NAME
cpio.h, cpio - cpio archive values SYNOPSIS
#include <cpio.h> DESCRIPTION
Values needed by the c_mode field of the cpio archive format are described as follows: Name Description C_IRUSR Read by owner C_IWUSR Write by owner C_IXUSR Execute by owner C_IRGRP Read by group C_IWGRP Write by group C_IXGRP Execute by group C_IROTH Read by others C_IWOTH Write by others C_IXOTH Execute by others C_ISUID Set user ID C_ISGID Set group ID C_ISVTX On directories, restricted deletion flag C_ISDIR Directory C_ISFIFO FIFO C_ISREG Regular file C_ISBLK Block special C_ISCHR Character special C_ISCTG Reserved C_ISLNK Symbolic link C_ISSOCK Socket The header defines the symbolic constant: MAGIC "070707" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pax(1), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 cpio.h(3HEAD)