Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question on order of headers and WEXITSTATUS Post 302120321 by porter on Tuesday 5th of June 2007 05:58:59 PM
Old 06-05-2007
The simple answer is "sys/types.h is a fundamental header and contains many types required by other headers".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Headers

Where can i get C/C++ headers for OS MINIX 2.0.3? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biosdos
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

4. Programming

Byte order question

Hi, The structure that will follow is supposed to hold the following RTP header field 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

5. Programming

C - WEXITSTATUS() question

I want to check if an application is still running under C. So far I've been using int rc; rc=WEXITSTATUS( ) if(rc > 0) { //then I exited } I was wondering seeing as WEXITSTATUS in man pages is close to the WAIT() if it was thread blocking and if it was how would I go about making... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump and prism headers question

Hello everyone! I installed OpenWRT on a WRT54G-TM (linux 2.4). No problem so far!. I also installed tcpdump on the box. I set the adapter in monitor mode. wlc monitor 1 It created the prism0 interface. Tcpdumpíng is also possible using this interface. root@cmWRT:/tmp# tcpdump -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aztroboy
1 Replies

7. Programming

help with WEXITSTATUS in C

when a execute this line printf("%d\n",WEXITSTATUS(status)); i get no output, whats could be the possible causes? ---------- Post updated at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:27 PM ---------- nvm i figured it out, u can delete this thread (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSv2dat file headers and columns order

Dear all, I have a csv file which is transformed to .dat. I have an awk file which is supposing to do the mapping of the dat file. the code from the awk file is the one below. The content of the dat file is looking like this (tab separated): ODT AGE CDT CO SEX TIME ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grikoss
9 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle 11g optimizer best join order question

Hi team Optimizer max permutations and search limit are set to 3.5 million and 10 respectively.The parameter instruct optimizer to evaluate up to 3.5 million permutations for max 10 table joins I have query with 9 tables joined. How many combinations will optimizer perform to find best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare files and validate order of headers

The below awk verifies the count and order of each text file in the directory. The script does execute and produce output, however the order of the headers are not compared to key. The portion in bold is supposed to do that. If the order of the headers in each text file is the same as key, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							   Games Manual 						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic - provide drill in number facts SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/arithmetic [ +-x/ ] [ range ] DESCRIPTION
Arithmetic types out simple arithmetic problems, and waits for an answer to be typed in. If the answer is correct, it types back "Right!", and a new problem. If the answer is wrong, it replies "What?", and waits for another answer. Every twenty problems, it publishes statis- tics on correctness and the time required to answer. To quit the program, type an interrupt (delete). The first optional argument determines the kind of problem to be generated; +-x/ respectively cause addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to be generated. One or more characters can be given; if more than one is given, the different types of problems will be mixed in random order; default is +- Range is a decimal number; all addends, subtrahends, differences, multiplicands, divisors, and quotients will be less than or equal to the value of range. Default range is 10. At the start, all numbers less than or equal to range are equally likely to appear. If the respondent makes a mistake, the numbers in the problem which was missed become more likely to reappear. As a matter of educational philosophy, the program will not give correct answers, since the learner should, in principle, be able to calcu- late them. Thus the program is intended to provide drill for someone just past the first learning stage, not to teach number facts de novo. For almost all users, the relevant statistic should be time per problem, not percent correct. ARITHMETIC(6)