Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Define an alias with an embeded awk command ?? Post 302120274 by jfortes on Tuesday 5th of June 2007 01:03:40 PM
Old 06-05-2007
MySQL Resolved

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions.

This one:
alias kpipe='kill `psme| grep "ifw -r" | grep -v "grep ifw -r"| awk "{print \\$2}"`'

worked perfectly.

Regards,
Joao.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define two variable in foreach command??

Hello, I just want to know how If it's possiple to define 2 variable using foreach command ??? I have directory inside that directory around 1000 file, I want to rename all of this files to something I have it in a list. Example :- ------This is what in my directory---------- d1 d2... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK embeded PERL

Hello Guys, I am refering to this great forum once again for help. After various attempts at this, I am still failing to obtain the desire effect. I have to write a perl script which: 1- reads two values from the user (e.g name & passwd) 2- check each value against a file containing the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create alias with awk command

Good morning I would like kindly to ask you to help me with creation of alias with awk command. alias a="awk {print $1 "| " $2 "| " $3 "| " $4 "| " $5 "| " $6 "| " $7 "| " $8 "| " $13 "| " }" there is some error but I don't find it please explain me what is error and how can be avoid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papa1980
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in embeded command substitution

$ echo $(tty|sed 's#/*/##') pts/0 $ who | grep $(tty|sed 's#/*/##') grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 0551-011. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Standard. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open input. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open is. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open not. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open a. grep: 0652-033 Cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to alias an awk command with single and double quotes?

Hi, I am trying to write the following command as an alias in my .bashrc file. bjobs -u all | awk '{if (NR > 1) {username++;}}END{{print"\nJOBS BY USER:\n"} for (i in username) {print username,i;}{print"\n Total Jobs=",NR-1,"\n" }}' The command simply puts how many jobs each user is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacekmaciek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias problem with awk command

Hi to all, I'm facing some problems when adding an alias like: #alias list="ls -al | awk '{ print $1, $2, $3, $4, (($5/1048576))"\t", $6, $7, $8, $9 }'" and when I enter: #list I get: Syntax Error The source line is 1. The error context is { print >>> , <<< awk:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Alias for Changing Directory to Another One

Hello Friends is it possible to define an alias (say named as COMMAND) to pick a part of line and change my directory to picked. For example when I type COMMAND mfong@vhl.gov.nd/homefolder/hhk/ADS/ it would do cd /homefolder/hhk/ADS/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embeded shell variable in command line

Hello, I know this is a situation about the single quote and double literal, but I could not figure out after many search. I need to loop through thousands of different BACs sequencing to optimize kmer individually. IN=/PATH/TO/INPUT/FILES for sample in S{01..1096} do run_program... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To define a sender name in mail command

Hi, I am using the unix script to send a report on daily basis using the mail command. Here the sender name is appearing as myname i.e. chandru (userid@machine.unix.domain.com). Is there any way to change sender name as a user defined name? example i need to change it to SupportTeam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schandru
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment with awk - how to define start value

Hello, I am running under ubuntu18.04 My question is about awk. inputfile 0wo010011oasasds sdjhsdjh=, u12812888 8jsjkahsjajnsanakn akjskjskj=, suhuhuhwx kskkxmsnnxsnjxsnjxsnjjnjjdi=, 22878ssssss Below code adds consecutive numbers when string = is found run_code: awk -F'=' -v OFS='='... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)