Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix software problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unix software problem Post 302120041 by blowtorch on Sunday 3rd of June 2007 12:49:41 AM
Old 06-03-2007
Instead of unix OS, can you be more specific? Please post the output of uname -a (after blanking out the hostname, if required).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hp Unix software

Hi, where can i get Hp unix dummy version to use in my home system.iam a newbie to unix.pls let me know if any avilable..Thank you Shruti (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
6 Replies

2. AIX

Software Installation Problem

HI Everybody, I am a newbie of using AIX, would you mind telling me how to setup JOE and OpenSSH in AIX 5L 5.3. Thanks! Hugo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tknl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

4. AIX

having problem with HDLM software installation

HI Guys, I have AIX 5.3 with TL05 ...I am trying to install HDLM 5.80/5.81 on this. Installed Hitachi.aix.support.rte file set. HDLM kept on installing ...it is not comming out .command status is "running" ============================================ Command: running stdout: yes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Software

Hi All, From where can i get the UNIX Software so that i can install the same in my Laptop. Thanks Dilip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DilipPanda
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem installing the software HDLM

Estou tentando instalar o software de HDLM ( Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager ) e está apresentando a seguinte mensagem: -bash-3.00# ./installhdlm KAPL09187-W No parameter is specified. Não sei que parameter é esse ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: to.brunoaugusto
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem installing the software HDLM

I'm trying to install the software HDLM (Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager) and is presenting the following message: -Bash-3.00 #./Installhdlm In KAPL09187-W parameter is specified. I do not know which parameter is that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: to.brunoaugusto
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX software management problem

Hi to all please help ...Acutally i m new in AIX. I dont much know about AIX. I m totally confusing with software management chapter. Actually i m not getting difference between. LPP,,BUNDLE,,,PACKAGE,,FIXES,,,APAR,,,,,FILESET..... i read in the book.......as i know about RPM in linux.....but in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Zoning permission problem when installing software

hi all i am working on zone and when i try to install software i face read and write permisssion on directory which zonning inherit from them so how can i add read and write permission to zone already running (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
3 Replies
UNAME(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname -- Print operating system name SYNOPSIS
uname [-amnprsv] DESCRIPTION
The uname utility writes symbols representing one or more system characteristics to the standard output. The following options are available: -a Behave as though all of the options -mnrsv were specified. -m print the machine hardware name. -n print the nodename (the nodename may be a name that the system is known by to a communications network). -p print the machine processor architecture name. -r print the operating system release. -s print the operating system name. -v print the operating system version. If no options are specified, uname prints the operating system name as if the -s option had been specified. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), machine(1), sw_vers(1), uname(3) STANDARDS
The uname utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). The -p option is an extension to the standard. BSD
November 9, 1998 BSD