Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't connect to 1 website
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't connect to 1 website Post 302119945 by Bobafart on Friday 1st of June 2007 05:11:04 PM
Old 06-01-2007
can't connect to 1 website

this isn't really a UNIX issue.. but you guys are smart (spelled "s-m-r-t") so I was hoping someone can help me out. I have posted on other forums and no one is able to help me out.

For the past 3 months I was playing a browser based game at http://www.ogame.org. It is located in Europe, I live in Canada.

Haven't had any problems until 4 days ago I am no longer able to access the website (it times outs) from my home. However, if I go to work or access it from a friend's house it works fine.

For some reason my home network won't access the site.

I am the only person who uses the network.
The site is up and running for hundreds/thousands of other users just not me.
I have tried it using 2 Firefox and 2 MIE versions.
I have two computers on the home network, neither work
I have cleaned our any viruses off both computers.
I don't have a firewall
I turned off the wireless network router and restarted it
I removed the wireles network router and plugged the cable modem directly into the back of my desktop
I did a trace route -- it works for about 8 steps but then "request times out" at step 9 after accessing "te2-1-10g.ar2.AMS1.glbx.net [67.17.92.153]"

I can surf a tonne of other websites except this one.

what should I do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

website

HELLO FELLOW GEEKS. PLZ CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS SITE AT http://isunshine.dhs.org or u can also join the message board at http://isunshine.dhs.org/scripts/ikonboard.cgi wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Website

Hey guys I know you probably get this question a lot but, I want to make a website, and I don't have any experience doing this. I have a iMac and i was wondering if there is someone you could refer me to or a site that will show me how to do it. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmecca21
2 Replies

3. Web Development

my website.please. help me.

hello!! well, i am planning to make my own virtual pet site like that of a neopets. unfortunately i don't have any idea on how to do it.. i've tried searching in the net, but the result is really complicated. i don't know where to begin.i have already drawn some that i think would help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackiemae
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

website directory

hye ,first timer,anyways have a question,how can someone access a website root directory,i mean if i have a website www.xyz.com ,how can i access it directory, i mean how can i use /root /home /hom to access my website, what is the proper syntax ?? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waelkd
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unable to connect to a website using Curl

Hello, I am using Curl command to make a function call to a web service. The issue I am facing right now is: curl h**p://www.google.com with the above command, I get a XML file as a response. Also when i execute : wget h**p://www.google.com Replace ** : tt I can see status as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitshete
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting the source of website

Hi MAy i know how i can get html source of a given site in a file using bash script? I want to store the html source of the site in a file so that i can parse that file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)