Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do i collect date and time for list of files in a directory Post 302119894 by jim mcnamara on Friday 1st of June 2007 12:06:03 PM
Old 06-01-2007
To get around ls -l date formatting try a perl shell function maybe like this:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

filedate()
{
	perl -e '
	     @months = qw(Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec);
	     $mtime = (stat $ARGV[0])[9];
	     ($sec, $min, $hr, $mday, $mon, $yr, $wday, $yday, $dntcare) =
	         localtime($mtime);
	     printf "%s %02d %d %02d:%02d:%02d\n", 
	         $months[$mon], $mday, $yr + 1900, $hr, $min, $sec;
	' "$1"
}

for file in $(ls $@ )
do
    filedate "$file"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script

How do i collect Date & Time from Different Directories in a script The script iam using for a single directory is : ls -l | grep awk '{print $8}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files with date and time stamps only

Hi there, I'm using terminal on mac and using the ls -l command to list all the files in a directory. However, I only want to display the date and time stamp of each file rather than permissions, owner, group etc... Is this possible? Many thanks in advance Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to always display date/time regardless of directory?

I found via Google a way to show the date and time stamp once I log in. However, whenever I cd to another directory it doesn't display the correct path. Here are the relevant parts from my .kshrc : unset _h _m _s eval $(date "+_h=%H ;_m=%M ;_s=%S") ((SECONDS =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike F.
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect all the list of files along with the permissions

Hi guys, I have one problem. I need collect the list files along with the file permissions in all directories in one server. Is their any easy way to collect using any commands or any scripts? Advance Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartheek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files Based On Time & Date

Hi All, I am using HP Unix. I want to list files which are created 5 minutes before on the same day as well as before today's date. I checked all the forums and the commands provided there does not work on HP Unix. Can you please help me on this? Your help is highly aprreciated. Thanks and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the files in a directory for the given date (User entered date)

Need a ksh script to get the files that were created or modified in a directory on a particular date entered by the user. For example if a directory contains files as below : > ll total 41 -rw-rw-r-- 1 psn psn 199 Aug 23 07:06 psn_roll.sh -rw-rw-r-- 1 psn psn ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to collect the logs with in two time stamp ?

Hi Gurus I need to collect the logs between two time stamp... The log files 12 hours format (ex- Nov 14, 2013 12:10:16 AM UTC) I tried the below commands but no luck. awk '$0 >= "Nov 14, 2013 9:40:01" && $0 <= "Nov 14, 2013 9:55:01"' file sed -n '/Nov 14, 2013 7:58:00 PM UTC/,/Nov 14, 2013... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)