Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with paralell computing Post 302119892 by sysgate on Friday 1st of June 2007 11:26:04 AM
Old 06-01-2007
Do you need an advice how to build a script who will simulate press of "Ctrl+C" ? You should report this issue to the respective software developers.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two paralell ports on a serverbox

Hi, I am trying to print ro a netwerkprinter on AIX. The printer is connected to a accton printserverbox. The box has three paralell ports and one IP adress. How can I print to the first port? I made standard printq's, and I added the printer to the /etc/hosts file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adje75
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Trusted Computing

About a year ago, a friend of mine who worked on the OReilly Snort book took a propsal he and I had worked on for a book on Trusted Computing. Though the editor thought the content was good and worthwhile, he felt that there wasn't enough of a market to justify printing such a work. How many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello, I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN. Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. Programming

Computing an MD5Sum in C

Is it possible to call the unix command md5sum from within a C program. I am trying to write a C program that scans a directory and computes the MD5Sum of all the files in the directory. Whenever I use md5sum 'filename' I get the error 'md5sum undeclared'. Is there a header file or some library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

I/O bound computing clusters

I want to build a computing cluster and have been looking into grid solutions. My understanding from grid solutions is that participating nodes have to actually sign up to participate in a computation and that an isolated piece of work is sent to the node through a request from that node (pull).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Accelerated computing / GPUs

There are plenty of sources that explain the performance per watt of a computer. However, I wanted to investigate how accelerated computer components (notably GPUs) have become more efficient at a lower price over the years. I have thus defined a metric: performance per watt per price-unit, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
TZSELECT(1)                                                Debian Timezone Configuration                                               TZSELECT(1)

NAME
tzselect - view timezones SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains how you can use the tzselect utility to view the installed timezone. It comes handy when you want to know what time it is in other countries, or if you just wonder what timezones exist. tzselect is called without any parameters from the shell. It shows a list of about one dozen geographic areas one can roughly recognize as continents. After choosing a geographic area by number, a list of countries and cities in this area will be shown. You can press the Enter key to reprint the list. To choose a timezone, just press the number left to it. If your input is invalid, the list will be reprinted. You may press Ctrl-C to interrupt the script at any time. Note that tzselect will not actually change the timezone for you. Use 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' to achieve this. FILES
/usr/share/zoneinfo/ SEE ALSO
hwclock(8) AUTHOR
Copyright 1998 Marcus Brinkmann <brinkmd@debian.org> Please see nroff source for legal notice. Debian 12 June 1998 TZSELECT(1)