Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sqlplus
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sqlplus Post 302119877 by LiquidChild on Friday 1st of June 2007 10:03:21 AM
Old 06-01-2007
How are they not arrays?

They have been defined as such at the top of the code:

set -A database
set -A databaseUser
set -A databasePassword
set -A packageSpecs
set -A packageBodies
set -A procedures
set -A triggers
set -A functions
set -A views
set -A sqlScripts

Its not that its writing the wrong things to the log, its that its not writing anything to the log, I expected to see the output of the sql, which is this case is a simple select statement. It seems to output to the screen as expected when I run it without the '>>'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus

Hi all, I am new to SQLPLUS, can anyone tell me what is the following codes doing? DECLARE cursor c1 is select bts_int_id, max(ave_busy_tch/res_av_denom14) maxBusyTch from p_nbsc_res_avail where to_char(period_start_time,'yyyymmdd')=to_char((sysdate-1),'yyyymmdd') group by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antkiu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable in sqlplus

Hello, I'm trying to write a script that will loop a sql statement through an external list. Basically, the script enters a loop and runs the sql statement for each entry in the list file. Currently, the script will stop at a cursor where I can then manually enter the SQL statment. This is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
11 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can i call sqlplus?

i am new working with hp-ux but i had to because of my job. so i want to execute some sql scripts but when i call sqlplus to run them it responds /sbin/sh: sqlplus not found. i have oracle 8.1.7 installed. what should i do sorry if this sounds too easy but i am now learning. The same... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: theodore
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS error

I am running a script that invokes SQLPLUS. During the execution I get the following: SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production on Mon Jun 11 16:12:50 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus @ not working sqlplus \@ working..

Hi All, I am facing a strange problem on one of my unix servers. When i try to login using the standard method: it fails with below message >sqlplus REF1SSTDBO1/REF1SSTDBO1@TKS3N10G > TKS3N10G ksh: TKS3N10G: not found But it works perfectly when i escape with ;\ >sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

6. AIX

SQLPLUS problem

Hi guys, Here is the error i get by running a "sqlplus -v" after installing an oracle client 10.2.0.5 on an AIX 5.3.9 server. Could not load program sqlplus: Symbol resolution failed for sqlplus because: Symbol __pthread (number 307) is not exported from dependent ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chapel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus: cannot execute

Hi, This is the content in my .profile on a unix server, MAIL=/usr/mail/${LOGNAME:?} umask 027 #added by enRole Agent PATH=${PATH}:/opt/app/p1crm1c3/informatica/oracle/product/10.2.0 export PATH PATH=$PATH:/opt/app/p1crm1c3/informatica/oracle/product/10.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora;export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Help

When i run the following script am getiing the output correct but i want to get it in the form of a table, could any one help me please. the script is a s follows count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_ACCOUNT << EOF set heading off set wrap on set feedback off column ChangeNumber format a12 column... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)