Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Returning a "0" if folder is empty Post 302119835 by gander_ss on Friday 1st of June 2007 04:43:12 AM
Old 06-01-2007
hi,

try this.

ls -l folder_name > temp_file
x=`cat temp_file`
echo $x
grep -c "total 0" temp_file
echo $?
rm temp_file

Regards,
gander_ss

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check input = "empty" and "numeric"

Hi how to check input is "empty" and "numeric" in ksh? e.g: ./myscript.ksh k output show: invalid number input ./myscript.ksh output show: no input ./myscript.ksh 10 output show: input is numeric (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument ${1} returning "dev" [newbie inside]

I'm trying to build a korn shell script which will check some information located at a column of one .csv archive. The problem I'm having is that my script is not having the correct response: #!/bin/ksh i = 1 echo "Printing 1" echo "${1}" echo "Printing #" echo "${#i}" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felipebb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk returning "[: ==: unary operator expected"

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting and right now I am just limited to using the pre-written scripts. I am in to Infrastructure management where we use different scripts to get the information passed on to the monitoring tools. I am trying to use this script to get the information about the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theamrit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl folder list with "..", without ".".

Hi Everyone, if my folder "foldera" inside has one file. so if i do if ($df =~ /^\./) { next; } then i will get ### filea ### if i want to have ### .. filea ### means also display the parent .., how should i modify the perl ~// in my code? Thanks ---------- Post updated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Postfix keeps returning "Command time limit exceeded" message

We are having issues with our Postfix. The POP and IMAP services randomly stops working an sent e-mails return a "Command time limit exceeded". We've found out that running these command fix the problem: service cyrus-imapd stop rm /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db* rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GustavoAlvarado
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
File::Fu(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     File::Fu(3pm)

NAME
File::Fu - file and directory objects SYNOPSIS
The directory constructor: use File::Fu; my $dir = File::Fu->dir("bar"); print "$dir "; # 'bar/' my $file = $dir + 'bar.txt'; print "$file "; # 'bar/bar.txt' my $d2 = $dir % 'baz'; # 'barbaz/' my $d3 = $dir / 'bat'; # 'bar/bat/' my $file2 = $dir / 'bat' + 'foo.txt'; # 'bar/bat/foo.txt' The file constructor: my $file = File::Fu->file("foo"); $file->e and warn "$file exists"; $file->l and warn "$file is a link"; warn "file is in ", $file->dir; ABOUT
This class provides the toplevel interface to File::Fu directory and file objects, with operator overloading which allows precise path composition and support for most builtin methods, as well as creation of temporary files/directories, finding files, and more. The interface and style are quite different than the perl builtins or File::Spec. The syntax is concise. Errors are thrown with croak(), so you never need to check a return code. Constructors The actual objects are in the 'Dir' and 'File' sub-namespaces. dir my $dir = File::Fu->dir($path); See "new" in File::Fu::Dir file my $file = File::Fu->file($path); See "new" in File::Fu::File Class Constants tmp Your system's '/tmp/' directory (or equivalent of that.) my $dir = File::Fu->tmp; home User's $HOME directory. my $dir = File::Fu->home; program_name The absolute name of your program. This will be relative from the time File::Fu was loaded. It dies if the name is '-e'. my $prog = File::Fu->program_name; If File::Fu was loaded after a chdir and the $0 was relative, calling program_name() throws an error. (Unless you set $0 correctly before requiring File::Fu.) program_dir Returns what typically corresponds to program_name()->dirname, but just the compile-time cwd() when $0 is -e/-E. my $dir = File::Fu->program_dir; Class Methods THIS_FILE A nicer way to say __FILE__. my $file = File::Fu->THIS_FILE; cwd The current working directory. my $dir = File::Fu->cwd; which Returns File::Fu::File objects of ordered candidates for $name found in the path. my @prog = File::Fu->which($name) or die "cannot find $name"; If called in scalar context, returns a single File::Fu::File object or throws an error if no candidates were found. my $prog = File::Fu->which($name); Temporary Directories and Files These class methods call the corresponding File::Fu::Dir methods on the value of tmp(). That is, you get a temporary file/dir in the '/tmp/' directory. temp_dir my $dir = File::Fu->temp_dir; temp_file my $handle = File::Fu->temp_file; Subclassing You may wish to subclass File:Fu and override the dir_class() and/or file_class() class methods to point to your own Dir/File subclasses. my $class = 'My::FileFu'; my $dir = $class->dir("foo"); See File::Fu::File and File::Fu::Dir for more info. See Also File::Fu::why if I need to explain my motivations. Path::Class, from which many an idea was taken. File::stat, IO::File, File::Spec, File::Find, File::Temp, File::Path, File::Basename, perlfunc, perlopentut. AUTHOR
Eric Wilhelm @ <ewilhelm at cpan dot org> http://scratchcomputing.com/ BUGS
If you found this module on CPAN, please report any bugs or feature requests through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. If you pulled this development version from my /svn/, please contact me directly. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Eric L. Wilhelm, All Rights Reserved. NO WARRANTY
Absolutely, positively NO WARRANTY, neither express or implied, is offered with this software. You use this software at your own risk. In case of loss, no person or entity owes you anything whatsoever. You have been warned. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-05-13 File::Fu(3pm)