Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run a program for every file with a given extension Post 302119819 by Phobos33 on Friday 1st of June 2007 02:28:43 AM
Old 06-01-2007
err.... anything more specific than that... im new to all this.
so i use find to create an array that stores all of the files i will need and then i run my program for each on inside a for loop??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to run debugging on c program

Can someone help me debug a c program I am running? It gives me segmentation fault. I want to turn on debugging. Can some one give the command to turn it on? Below is the error I get: Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibeg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a program to run

Please help, I have tried to run this program countless times and still nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. $ cat>test count=1 while do echo "5" read number echo $5 let count=count+ 1 done exit 0 ^C$ ksh test $ ^C $ ksh test $ $ nothing happend (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctiamaria
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot run program

Hi, I have a program in /opt/local/bin, my path in my .profile is export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH however when i type the program name it cannot find it, however i know the program is in /opt/local/bin? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run this program with only one input file at a time

i have a program ABC, which runs every two minutes and takes the input according to the a value called "pointer" files need to be processed by ABC are input0001 input0002 input0003 input0004 input0005 current value of pointer is 0001, now program runs and takes all the files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hey, im editing the passwd file so that when the user ben logs in it runs my assign program. I changed the last column from to Then when i log in i get... There is no problem with the program because it runs fine when i open it normally. Any help much appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run a python program on multiple entries in a file

Hello I am trying to run a python program using shell script, which takes a single argument from a file. This file has one entry per line : 1aaa 2bbb 3ccc 4ddd 5eee ... ... ... My shell script runs the program, only for the last entry : #!/bin/sh IFS=$'\n' for line in $(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling program with extension .c

good morning, I have 64-bit DB2 V9.7 AIX 7.1.0.0 I am compiling a C program, when running cc-I / rutadb2/include-c programa.c this error. ksh: cc: not found. how I can check if I have installed the C compiler? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and best regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator?

have been trying for a few weeks not to get this program running. I am newer to programming and it has definitely been a challenge. I think my problem arises with my if statement. I can get it to append the name to the new file, but it simply appends the whole sequence to the file rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haley6719
3 Replies
DWARF_LINENO(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   DWARF_LINENO(3)

NAME
dwarf_lineaddr, dwarf_linebeginstatement, dwarf_lineblock, dwarf_lineendsequence, dwarf_lineno, dwarf_lineoff, dwarf_linesrc, dwarf_line_srcfileno -- retrieve information associated with a DWARF line descriptor LIBRARY
DWARF Access Library (libdwarf, -ldwarf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libdwarf.h> int dwarf_lineaddr(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Addr *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_linebeginstatement(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Bool *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_lineblock(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Bool *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_lineendsequence(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Bool *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_lineno(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Unsigned *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_lineoff(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Signed *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_linesrc(Dwarf_Line ln, char **ret, Dwarf_Error *err); int dwarf_line_srcfileno(Dwarf_Line ln, Dwarf_Unsigned *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); DESCRIPTION
These functions retrieve specific line information associated with the line descriptor specified by argument ln, and stores it in the loca- tion pointed to by argument ret. If argument err is not NULL, it will be used to store error information in case of an error. Function dwarf_lineaddr() stores the program address corresponding to the source line specified in argument ln into the location pointed to by argument ret. Function dwarf_linebeginstatement() sets the location pointed to by argument ret to 1 if the source line specified by the line descriptor ln is the beginning of a statement, or to 0 otherwise. Function dwarf_lineblock() sets the location pointed to by argument ret to 1 if the source line specified by the line descriptor ln is the beginning of a basic block, or to 0 otherwise. Function dwarf_lineendsequence() sets the location pointed to by argument ret to 1 if the program address associated with the line descriptor ln is the address immediately following the end of a sequence of target machine instructions, or to 0 otherwise. Function dwarf_lineno() stores the line number of the source line associated with the line descriptor ln into the location pointed to by argument ret. Function dwarf_lineoff() stores the column number within a line associated with descriptor ln into the location pointed to by argument ret. The retrieved column numbers are 1-based, with the value -1 indicating that column number information was not available. Function dwarf_linesrc() stores a pointer to a NUL-terminated string containing the source file name associated with line descriptor ln into the location pointed to by argument ret. The full path of the source file is returned if possible. The memory used for the source file name string is managed by the DWARF(3) library and should not be directly freed by application code. Instead, portable code should use dwarf_dealloc(3) to indicate that the string should be freed. Function dwarf_line_srcfileno() stores the index of the source file associated with the line descriptor ln in the location pointed to by argument ret. The returned value is 1-based index into the array of source file names returned by dwarf_srcfiles(3). RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions returns DW_DLV_OK. In case of an error, they return DW_DLV_ERROR and set the argument err. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [DW_DLE_ARGUMENT] Either of the arguments ln or ret was NULL. [DW_DLE_LINE_FILE_NUM_BAD] The source file name associated with the line descriptor ln could not be retrieved by function dwarf_linesrc(). SEE ALSO
dwarf(3), dwarf_dealloc(3), dwarf_srcfiles(3), dwarf_srclines(3) BSD
February 5, 2011 BSD