Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting listing folders and using in script Post 302119653 by truCido on Thursday 31st of May 2007 07:11:56 AM
Old 05-31-2007
ok new development lol

Code:
#!/bin/sh
for i in `cat /in/local/var/trace/davescripts/list.txt`
do
cd /service/$i/bin/;
echo $i >> /in/local/var/trace/davescripts/software.txt  "\c";
ls -tm >> /in/local/var/trace/davescripts/software.txt;
done

So now i'm putting a ls into a file called list.txt and trying it that way...it works Smilie

Last edited by truCido; 05-31-2007 at 08:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun UNIX Files & Folders listing

Hi guys, i'm new to UNIX and only know a small amout about it, but have just had some changes at work which now require me to interact with and work on SUN Unix systems often. I have reasonable knowledge of PC's but hope that you will be able to help me with these questions. Part1. I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needed for listing files

hi, i have a the direcories like usr\clone1\heap001.txt usr\clone2\heap334.txt usr\clone3\heap8899.txt i nead a command which list all the file starting with heap*.i have to execute the command from usr directory. find command is hanging, i need some other form of script to do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing a directory via a script using variables

In my script I need to list the directory, where the generic name of the files will change, in my test case its set to TEST_*.mqsc. I wrote a small test script as below, but it just does not pip the listing to a file. Any idea why? dir='C:/cygwin/var/log/img/aut/' file=TEST01_*.mqsc ls $dir... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script for directory listing using GREP

Hi, All - script1.awk contains the following script: BEGIN { printf "The following are directory files:" "ls -l | grep '^d' | {print $0}" printf "There were "NR" directories in this list." } When I run the script, Here is what I get: $ awk -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files script

hey guys I am writing a bash script that compares 2 directories and lists the contents that are different in each directory. I have figured out how to do this but the only problem is that it lists the file like this: -rw-r--r-- 1 joey12 users 0 2010-10-29 16:13 test/file3 I want it to print... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joey12
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing folders that have a file inside them

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and putting my foot in the door with SED and AWK. I was wondering if someone could help me as I think I'm making this harder than it needs to be... I have a list of folders named as urls, inside these are log files and possibly a 'status' file. I'm trying to get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KakersUK
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing folders and files within

is there any command that can make listing files like this /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1696-1850.segy /data/seismic/prestack-4/eon5/PEP/JAWA/AKASIA-BAGUS/3D/F/BL3-4/F12AKB3D_SW82-128_ID1851-1975.segy ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhnandap
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)