Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing output from a diff command... Post 302119424 by kam on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 11:26:15 PM
Old 05-30-2007
you're a life saver...thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat the output from "diff" command

Hi all, I use the diff command and got the output: $> diff -e file1.txt file2.txt 15a 000675695 Yi Chen Chen 200520 EASY 50 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 12a 000731176 Sarah Anderson 200520 EASY 25 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 11a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output from ls command

I have to test the directory name which is obtained from for dir in `ls -l|grep $9 ' i need to check whether it is directory ( if yes, I have to check the first 3 character fo the directory how can I do that? Please help me thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing dynamic data from a command output

Hi people, I am writing a korn shell script, and one of the command gives an output something like below: release.label.2010.03.02 objects: /project/path/to/some/file_name.ksh /project/path/another/file_name01.dat I have to retrieve the file paths one by one & use them as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwin1000
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff output next to each other

I have two files to compare, but diff output doesn't give me decent output I want. The portion of the two files are shown below. file 1) Authorize <1> Transaction Database Slave 3 <1> CPM HTTP Proxy Server <1> SSP (TDB Server) <1> CPM Application Authorization <7> CPM Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing diff output into report

Hello all; lat week I was able to get some assistance on creating a summary report from a file generated by a "comm" comparison of twp CSV files...turn out now that I am being asked for a detail report as well...this is beyond my knowledge of perl (and yes I have to use perl)..also please keep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing fields from class list files to use output with newusers command

Hello I am trying to develop a shell script that takes a text file such as this... E-mail@ Soc.Sec.No. *--------Name-----------* Class *School.Curriculum.Major.* Campus.Phone JCC2380 XXX-XX-XXXX CAREY, JULIE C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 JAC1936 XXX-XX-XXXX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with diff output

I am running diff between two directories dir1 and dir2. diff --exclude --recursive --brief -b dir1 dir2 The output of the above command is Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java and dir2/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java differ Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9933.java and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass ls command output to diff

Hi , Can some one help me how to pass ls command output to diff command ex : - ls *.xml will return files which have time stamps abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml diff abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml >> newfile.txt we need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techie_09
9 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)