Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing output from a diff command... Post 302119401 by aigles on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 04:48:30 PM
Old 05-29-2007
Code:
awk '
   /^Files/ { sub(/\/[^\/]*$/, "", $(NF-1)); print $(NF-1) }
   /^Only/  { sub(/:$/,        "", $3     ); print $3      }
    ' diff_file | sort -u

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat the output from "diff" command

Hi all, I use the diff command and got the output: $> diff -e file1.txt file2.txt 15a 000675695 Yi Chen Chen 200520 EASY 50 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 12a 000731176 Sarah Anderson 200520 EASY 25 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 11a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output from ls command

I have to test the directory name which is obtained from for dir in `ls -l|grep $9 ' i need to check whether it is directory ( if yes, I have to check the first 3 character fo the directory how can I do that? Please help me thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing dynamic data from a command output

Hi people, I am writing a korn shell script, and one of the command gives an output something like below: release.label.2010.03.02 objects: /project/path/to/some/file_name.ksh /project/path/another/file_name01.dat I have to retrieve the file paths one by one & use them as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwin1000
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff output next to each other

I have two files to compare, but diff output doesn't give me decent output I want. The portion of the two files are shown below. file 1) Authorize <1> Transaction Database Slave 3 <1> CPM HTTP Proxy Server <1> SSP (TDB Server) <1> CPM Application Authorization <7> CPM Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing diff output into report

Hello all; lat week I was able to get some assistance on creating a summary report from a file generated by a "comm" comparison of twp CSV files...turn out now that I am being asked for a detail report as well...this is beyond my knowledge of perl (and yes I have to use perl)..also please keep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing fields from class list files to use output with newusers command

Hello I am trying to develop a shell script that takes a text file such as this... E-mail@ Soc.Sec.No. *--------Name-----------* Class *School.Curriculum.Major.* Campus.Phone JCC2380 XXX-XX-XXXX CAREY, JULIE C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 JAC1936 XXX-XX-XXXX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with diff output

I am running diff between two directories dir1 and dir2. diff --exclude --recursive --brief -b dir1 dir2 The output of the above command is Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java and dir2/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java differ Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9933.java and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass ls command output to diff

Hi , Can some one help me how to pass ls command output to diff command ex : - ls *.xml will return files which have time stamps abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml diff abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml >> newfile.txt we need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techie_09
9 Replies
WDMD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   WDMD(8)

NAME
wdmd - watchdog multiplexing daemon SYNOPSIS
wdmd [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
This daemon opens /dev/watchdog and allows multiple independent sources to detmermine whether each KEEPALIVE is done. Every test interval (10 seconds), the daemon tests each source. If any test fails, the KEEPALIVE is not done. In a standard configuration, the watchdog timer will reset the system if no KEEPALIVE is done for 60 seconds ("fire timeout"). This means that if single test fails 5-6 times in row, the watchdog will fire and reset the system. With multiple test sources, fewer separate failures back to back can also cause a reset, e.g. T seconds, P pass, F fail T00: test1 P, test2 P, test3 P: KEEPALIVE done T10: test1 F, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T20: test1 F, test2 P, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T30: test1 P, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T40: test1 P, test2 P, test3 F: KEEPALIVE skipped T50: test1 F, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T60: test1 P, test2 F, test3 P: KEEPALIVE skipped T60: watchdog fires, system resets (Depending on timings, the system may be reset sometime shortly before T60, and the tests at T60 would not be run.) A crucial aspect to the design and function of wdmd is that if any single source does not pass tests for the fire timeout, the watchdog is guaranteed to fire, regardless of whether other sources on the system have passed or failed. A spurious reset due to the combined effects of multiple failing tests as shown above, is an accepted side effect. wdmd will exit if a watchdog driver is not loaded. wdmd cannot be used on the system with any other program that needs to open /dev/watchdog, e.g. watchdog(8). Test Source: clients Using libwdmd, programs connect to wdmd via a unix socket, and send regular messages to wdmd to update an expiry time for their connection. Every test interval, wdmd will check if the expiry time for a connection has been reached. If so, the test for that client fails. (Other test sources such as scripts executed each test interval may be added in the future.) OPTIONS
-D Enable debugging to stderr and don't fork. -H num Enable (1) or disable (0) high priority features such as realtime scheduling priority and mlockall. Default 1. 2011-08-01 WDMD(8)