Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing output from a diff command... Post 302119398 by kam on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 04:14:12 PM
Old 05-29-2007
thanks jean-pierre, that works great!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat the output from "diff" command

Hi all, I use the diff command and got the output: $> diff -e file1.txt file2.txt 15a 000675695 Yi Chen Chen 200520 EASY 50 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 12a 000731176 Sarah Anderson 200520 EASY 25 2/28/05 0:00 SCAD Debit Card Charge . 11a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output from ls command

I have to test the directory name which is obtained from for dir in `ls -l|grep $9 ' i need to check whether it is directory ( if yes, I have to check the first 3 character fo the directory how can I do that? Please help me thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing dynamic data from a command output

Hi people, I am writing a korn shell script, and one of the command gives an output something like below: release.label.2010.03.02 objects: /project/path/to/some/file_name.ksh /project/path/another/file_name01.dat I have to retrieve the file paths one by one & use them as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwin1000
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff output next to each other

I have two files to compare, but diff output doesn't give me decent output I want. The portion of the two files are shown below. file 1) Authorize <1> Transaction Database Slave 3 <1> CPM HTTP Proxy Server <1> SSP (TDB Server) <1> CPM Application Authorization <7> CPM Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing diff output into report

Hello all; lat week I was able to get some assistance on creating a summary report from a file generated by a "comm" comparison of twp CSV files...turn out now that I am being asked for a detail report as well...this is beyond my knowledge of perl (and yes I have to use perl)..also please keep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing fields from class list files to use output with newusers command

Hello I am trying to develop a shell script that takes a text file such as this... E-mail@ Soc.Sec.No. *--------Name-----------* Class *School.Curriculum.Major.* Campus.Phone JCC2380 XXX-XX-XXXX CAREY, JULIE C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 JAC1936 XXX-XX-XXXX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with diff output

I am running diff between two directories dir1 and dir2. diff --exclude --recursive --brief -b dir1 dir2 The output of the above command is Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java and dir2/java/abc/bcd/abc9991.java differ Files dir1/java/abc/bcd/abc9933.java and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass ls command output to diff

Hi , Can some one help me how to pass ls command output to diff command ex : - ls *.xml will return files which have time stamps abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml diff abc-<time-stamp>.xml xyz-<time-stamp>.xml >> newfile.txt we need to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: techie_09
9 Replies
Text::WordDiff::HTML(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Text::WordDiff::HTML(3pm)

Name
       Text::WordDiff::HTML - XHTML formatting for Text::WordDiff

Synopsis
	   use Text::WordDiff;

my $diff = word_diff 'file1.txt', 'file2.txt'; { STYLE => 'HTML' };
	   my $diff = word_diff $string1,   $string2,    { STYLE => 'HTML' };
	   my $diff = word_diff *FH1,	     *FH2,	   { STYLE => 'HTML' };
	   my $diff = word_diff &reader1,   &reader2,    { STYLE => 'HTML' };
	   my $diff = word_diff @records1,  @records2,   { STYLE => 'HTML' };

# May also mix input types:
	   my $diff = word_diff @records1,  'file_B.txt', { STYLE => 'HTML' };

Description
       This class subclasses Text::WordDiff::Base to provide a XHTML formatting for Text::WordDiff. See Term::WordDiff for usage details. This
       class should never be used directly.

Text::WordDiff::HTML formats word diffs for viewing in a Web browser. The diff content is highlighted as follows:

o   "<div class="file">"

This element contains the entire contents of the diff "file" returned by "word_diff()". All of the following elements are subsumed by
	   this one.

o   "<span class="fileheader">"

The header section for the files being "diff"ed, usually something like:

--- in.txt    Thu Sep	1 12:51:03 2005
		 +++ out.txt   Thu Sep	1 12:52:12 2005

This element immediately follows the opening "file" "<div>" element, but will not be present if Text::WordDif cannot deterimine the
	       file names for both files being compared.

o   "<span class="hunk">"

This element contains a single diff "hunk". Each hunk may contain the following elements:

o   "<ins>"

Inserted content.

o   "<del>"

Deleted content.

You may do whatever you like with these elements and classes; I highly recommend that you style them using CSS. You'll find an example CSS
       file in the eg directory in the Text-WordDiff distribution.

See Also
       Text::WordDiff
       Text::WordDiff::ANSIColor

Support
       This module is stored in an open repository at the following address:

<https://svn.kineticode.com/Text-WordDiff/trunk/>

Patches against Text::WordDiff are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-text-worddiff@rt.cpan.org>.

Author
       David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>

Copyright and License
       Copyright (c) 2005-2008 David Wheeler. Some Rights Reserved.

This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

perl v5.10.0							    2009-09-24						 Text::WordDiff::HTML(3pm)