Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: get integer part
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get integer part Post 302119394 by ericaworld on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 03:16:00 PM
Old 05-29-2007
U Guys Are Awesome

BOTH method worked!!!!
u guys rocks
thanx a bunch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to get a rodom integer

hi I want to get a rodom integer, but I just get the same integer while using the fuction rand() for the first time. So I wonder wether there is a way in which I can get an unknow random integer. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toddor
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

how to pass integer

i am writing a client and server program client program main() { int sockfd,n; char str; struct sockaddr_in sock; if ((sockfd=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0))<0) { perror("SOCKET ERROR"); } bzero(&sock,sizeof(sock)); sock.sin_family=AF_INET; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot store integer value

Hi , I have code like below in my ksh script, but getting an error as SP2-0253: data item 1 ("SAMPLE_ID") will not fit on line , pls help me. thanks. if (( CHECKS == 0 )) || (( CHECKS == 1 )) then V_SAMPLE_ID=$( $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S / <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bennichan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files based on integer part only

Please see how can I do this: File A (three columns): X1,Y1,1.01 X2,Y2,2.02 X3,Y3,4.03 File B (three columns): X1,Y1,1 X2,Y2,2 X3,Y3,4.0005 Now I have to compare file A and B based on the integer part of column 3. Means first 2 rows should be OK and the third row should not satisfy... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yale_work
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Integer Validation

Hi Using the below logic to check whether the value is integer or not and converting the value to decimal if not. int_chck = sprintf(substr($i, 1, 2)) o_cnt = 'if ; then echo $int_chck; else echo $((0x$int_chck)); fi' Thanks, Dines (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshnak
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)