Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour Post 302119371 by vgs on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 01:20:29 PM
Old 05-29-2007
i am using sun Solaris.

i am trying to write a script which will display files from a particular folder(Directory)(should not include subdirectories) which are 2 hrs(this should be used like a variable so that i can change the time) older.

i tried using find command. but find looks in subdirectories also. I don't want to check in subdirectories.

files looks like:
12345600000.PDF
32455664647.XLS

appriciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour

Hi, I have some files in a folder with different time stamps and I want to display the files which are older than 1 hour. i tried with find. need urgent help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH condition for "File older than 1 hour"

I have a monitor script that executes every 5 minutes. I am adding functionality that will detect if a previous execution is hung. I have managed to do that by using a flag that is created when the monitor starts and is then removed when the monitor finishes. The hang check simply looks to see if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Squeakygoose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the contents of a folder older than X hours

Every day a new .zip file is uploaded to a folder and at mid-night the zip file is to be extracted into a /data/ folder, inside a date-named folder. # This should extract the contents of a zip file into the /data/ folder into a date based folder /usr/bin/unzip -a -o... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: worchyld
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which erases files in Folder older than....

Hi! Need a script which erases files in folder /home/appl/backup which are older than 3 weeks... Any idea how to do that? I'm still investigating, but a little speed-up would be nice! ;-) Thanks! Michael (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files older than 2 days to another folder

Hi I am facing problem in using this command, mv `find /export/june/PURGEDATA*.txt -mtime +2 -exec ls {} \;` june/archive/ mv: Insufficient arguments (1) Usage: mv f1 f2 mv f1 ... fn d1 mv d1 d2 Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP UNIX: How to find files which are older than one hour.

HP Unix Version: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 Question I look for script or command to find files which are older than one hour. Tried below; # set the file time to 1 hours ago touch -t 201307160700 ./touchfile find /app/grid/product/11.2.0.3/rdbms/audit -name '*.aud' -type f ! -newer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find files older than 1 hour

Hi, Out of a list of files in a directory, I want to find the files which were created/modified more than 1 hour ago. I am using HP -UNIX and it does not support the argument -mmin. Please advise. I am using # !/bin/sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hour display format

Hello Sir/Madam, I'm using Putty utility to run a shell script. I found HOUR display in two positions in UNIX. Is it possible to display in four positions? File name example: my file name is: HourlyData_20160708_1400.txt I'm in the process of comparing current date and time with the file... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: V1l1h1
15 Replies
nissetup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      nissetup(1M)

NAME
nissetup - initialize a NIS+ domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nissetup [-Y] [domain] DESCRIPTION
nissetup is a shell script that sets up a NIS+ domain to service clients that wish to store system administration information in a domain named domain. This domain should already exist prior to executing this command. See nismkdir(1) and nisinit(1M). A NIS+ domain consists of a NIS+ directory and its subdirectories: org_dir and groups_dir. org_dir stores system administration informa- tion and groups_dir stores information for group access control. nissetup creates the subdirectories org_dir and groups_dir in domain. Both subdirectories will be replicated on the same servers as the parent domain. After the subdirectories are created, nissetup creates the default tables that NIS+ serves. These are auto_master, auto_home, bootparams, cred, ethers, group, hosts, mail_aliases, netmasks, networks, passwd, protocols, rpc, services, and timezone. The nissetup script uses the nistbladm(1) command to create these tables. The script can be easily customized to add site specific tables that are created at setup time. This command is normally executed just once per domain. While this command creates the default tables, it does not initialize them with data. This is accomplished with the nisaddent(1M) command. It is easier to use the nisserver(1M) script to create subdirectories and the default tables. OPTIONS
-Y Specify that the domain will be served as both a NIS+ domain as well as an NIS domain using the backward compatibility flag. This will set up the domain to be less secure by making all the system tables readable by unauthenticated clients as well. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nismkdir(1), nistbladm(1), nisaddent(1M), nisinit(1M) nisserver(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nissetup(1M)