Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming overriding the dynamic library Post 302119194 by porter on Monday 28th of May 2007 05:39:11 PM
Old 05-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raom
my apps does not complain or exit, but hanged forever.
You might consider hanging forever to be a complaint.

When a ld.so loads a library the fixups get set. What you did was remove the library to which all the fixups were pointing to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to auto load a dynamic library

hi, every body. i have in trouble that how to load a dynamic library by hand. for example, i know how to generate a dynamic library and how to link a dynamic library in makefile. generate a dynamic library: add -dy -G behind cc link a dynamic library in makefile: add -dy -Bdynamic behind cc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subrain
0 Replies

2. Linux

load dynamic and shared library in kernel

hi how can i load dynamic or shared library in linux kernel modules . mtaghiloo@yahoo.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtaghiloo
0 Replies

3. Programming

loading a dynamic library in linux

is there a way to load a dynamic library in linux? I know tht in AIX u can do it using the loadAndInit() function. Please guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overriding PATH

Hello, I'm using Sun solaris . I'm trying to override the environmental variable in my script, however when I execute the script, the PATH whatever being set in .profile is taking precedence. I have done the sanity checks like order of my entry in path, permissions for the user etc., To... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brainyoung
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ overriding Vs hiding

class B { public: void fns(void){//base def;} }; class D:public B { public: void fns(void) {//new def;} }; I was thinking the above is overriding but somewhere else i found the above is just hiding.Only virtual functions can be considered as overriding? This is the exact statement ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain list of object files in a shared (dynamic) library?

How can I simply obtain a list of the object files in a shared (dynamic) library. I am looking for the equivalent of "ar -t <lib>" for archived (static) libraries. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes: ---------- Post updated at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 PM ---------- The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with shared dynamic library files

I am having a major problem. Most of the commands that i am running on my centos 5 system is giving the error of type: <dynamic shared library file>:open failed: No such file or directory For example: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory How can i solve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

8. Programming

Dynamic library load with dlopen

Hi, I created two library libsum.so and libproduct.so. In the libproduct.so is defined function "product" that use function "sum" defined in libsum.so. So libproduct depends on libsum. In main function I called product function by a dlopen request. Unfortunaly, when I execute program I have an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade82
5 Replies

9. Programming

problem in dynamic library*.so

hello I apologize if my question bothers you I work on a code developed in C + + which worked well on mac os, this code will help create libraries *.so from *.cc and *.h I used this as flags:CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -ldl -D_GNU_SOURCE ,CXX := g++ and $(CXX)-shared -o $(LIBNAME) $(CLIBLIB)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheapc
0 Replies

10. Programming

Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time

I would like to compile a binary that doesnot depend on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as this binary will be setuid to owner and used by other users and since setuid doesnot support LD_LIBRARY_PATH making it independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH would be great. But I am not able to specify the path of the shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)