Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting basic shell scripting question Post 302119086 by convenientstore on Sunday 27th of May 2007 09:42:45 PM
Old 05-27-2007
u r abousteli rite.. that was stupid of me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Question

To anyone who can help greetings, I am a beginner at Unix shell scripting and am taking a class. The assignment question is as follows: use a command-line tool named "itstat" which will display the resolution of an image file and some other lines of information. It accepts a list of image... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech2040
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Question

Hi, I am assaigning the output to the variable outp and when i try to loop thru the variable i see the original content $OUTPUT also in the array outp. I dont want to have the original content in the array outp. Please reply. outp=$(echo $OUTPUT | awk '{FS = "|"}{ for(i=0;i<NF;i++)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is the Very basic certification on unix shell scripting?

Hi, I am very new to this forum, can any one tell me which is the very basic certification on unix shell scripting? please give me an advice on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about a basic shell script: How to make sure it receives only one input?

Hello all! I am very new to shell and Linux in general (I just started 2 days ago), I am trying to write a script that adds the size of the directories and files in a given directory and displays messages if the user puts in something wrong. I think I have covered all the possible problems except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2358
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic question on shell script execution

I have two shell scripts in the different directories listed below, /root/dev/dir1/test.sh /root/dev/dir2/master.sh I am executing the master.sh script from the test.sh like below and getting 'Permission denied' error. #! /bin/sh #test.sh path='/root/dev' $path/dir2/master.sh But it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic loop awk/shell script question..

Hi, Sorry if this is a newbie question. I guess you can use either awk or shell script for this sequence of operations, but knowing very little about either of them I'm not sure how I should try to write this. The basic objective is to copy certain files that are scattered all over my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Shell Scripting

Hi All, I am a newbie to shell scripting. I am trying to something like this. #!bin/bash cd /u01/app/oracle/ # then start the process ./opmnctl startall Can someone help me with this requirement. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks Venkat Please use code tags next time for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat8439
10 Replies
SES(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SES(4)

NAME
ses -- SCSI Environmental Services driver SYNOPSIS
device ses DESCRIPTION
The ses driver provides support for all SCSI devices of the environmental services class that are attached to the system through a supported SCSI Host Adapter, as well as emulated support for SAF-TE (SCSI Accessible Fault Tolerant Enclosures). The environmental services class gen- erally are enclosure devices that provide environmental information such as number of power supplies (and state), temperature, device slots, and so on. A SCSI Host adapter must also be separately configured into the system before a SCSI Environmental Services device can be configured. KERNEL CONFIGURATION
It is only necessary to explicitly configure one ses device; data structures are dynamically allocated as devices are found on the SCSI bus. A separate option, SES_ENABLE_PASSTHROUGH, may be specified to allow the ses driver to perform functions on devices of other classes that claim to also support ses functionality. IOCTLS
The following ioctl(2) calls apply to ses devices. They are defined in the header file <cam/scsi/scsi_ses.h> (q.v.). SESIOC_GETNOBJ Used to find out how many ses objects are driven by this particular device instance. SESIOC_GETOBJMAP Read, from the kernel, an array of SES objects which contains the object identifier, which subenclosure it is in, and the ses type of the object. SESIOC_GETENCSTAT Get the overall enclosure status. SESIOC_SETENCSTAT Set the overall enclosure status. SESIOC_GETOBJSTAT Get the status of a particular object. SESIOC_SETOBJSTAT Set the status of a particular object. SESIOC_GETTEXT Get the associated help text for an object (not yet implemented). ses devices often have descriptive text for an object which can tell you things like location (e.g., "left power supply"). SESIOC_INIT Initialize the enclosure. EXAMPLE USAGE
The files contained in <usr/share/examples/ses> show simple mechanisms for how to use these interfaces, as well as a very stupid simple moni- toring daemon. FILES
/dev/sesN The Nth SES device. DIAGNOSTICS
When the kernel is configured with DEBUG enabled, the first open to an SES device will spit out overall enclosure parameters to the console. HISTORY
The ses driver was written for the CAM SCSI subsystem by Matthew Jacob. This is a functional equivalent of a similar driver available in Solaris, Release 7. BSD
January 29, 2000 BSD