Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop to create 9000 users Post 302118988 by cfajohnson on Friday 25th of May 2007 08:48:53 PM
Old 05-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigles
You can do something like that:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#Script adds multiple users into the Service manager

i=1
while [ $i -le 9000 ]
do
   ./insuser /WideSpan/config/vipclient.conf $i $i password 0 Org1 UserGroup1 'A' 1 "" "" root
   i=`expr $i + 1`
done

Except that, instead of calling an external command 9,000 times, use the shell to do the arithmetic:

Code:
i=$(( $i + 1 ))

All *nix systems within the last 15 years have shells that perform integer arithmetic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to create users on HP UX????

I new to unix and I'm using a HP UX and I'm logging in as user: root. I wish to create new users by using the 'useradd' command. When I keyed in' useradd -u 101 -g group john', the reply was 'Group group specified with -g does not exist'. I've read the man page on useradd and I still don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mascotlee
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create users in /home

Hi Friends,, I installed solaris 10 in vmware just now.I got a simple problem while i want to create users in /home directory.It is saying "cannot create ".So i checked the permission and then i find that the perm to user(root) is r-x.So i tried to change it to rwx using chmod but again i got a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users

Hi , i would like to create a new user over unix ,which are these commands to used and which are the directories to handler? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users remotely

Hello Forum, I just wrote a bash script to create users remotely from a file. When I run the script localy, it work nice. But when I run it using rsh it stops. My script is: #!/bin/bash 1|cat /root/usuarios.txt | while read line; do 2| /usr/sbin/adduser $line 3| echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cachorroyayo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple users using expect.?

Hi, guys. I need help on some expect problem. #!/usr/bin/expect set user set password set newuser spawn telnet x.x.x.x expect login* send “root\r” expect Password* send “123546\r” send "useradd $newuser\r" send "exit\r" interact I can add 1 user using expect script, but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alhazerd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create summery of al users + date

Hello, I have problem to write script which can collect users "username" and the time that each user has been created in our machine and store these data in file database.txt I have searched a lot and found we can see the exact time we create user with:passwd -S username also list user will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)