Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Link against a particular version of libstdc++ Post 302118763 by blowtorch on Thursday 24th of May 2007 06:26:36 AM
Old 05-24-2007
Are you using gcc? I have gcc 3.4.6 installed and the '-x' option is used to specify what language to treat the input files as.

What I meant is, that you should compile like this:
Code:
gcc -otry /path/to/libstdc++.so.5 try.cpp

I tried this with some C code:
Code:
cc -oserver /lib/libsocket.so.1 -lnsl server.c

It compiles without any problems.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

libstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) issue on AIX 5.2

hello everybody i am new on the AIX environment and i have faced an issue while running pstill it can't find ibstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) although i have the latest GCC and libstdc 4.0.0 i guess. So to resolve the problem i have got an old versions that i want to install on AIX: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Setting link to newly installed Java version

Hi, I have Solaris 8 wih Java 1.2.2 as default. I just upgraded it to Java 2 version 1.4. But when I do "java -version: I get following: "Java version "1.2.2" Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunjwit) How would I make solaris to look at my new java? If I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

how to recover libstdc++.so.6

Hi! I'm using Ubuntu Karmic and I lost libstdc++.so.6. Is there a way to recover it?.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to find libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Hi all, I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant) with kernel 2.6.9-5 and try to install one application but unable to install it. When I am trying to install it,it is throwing the following error-- To resolve it,I installed gcc 4.0.0 and when I am trying to see gcc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

hpux vnc 4.1.3 libstdc++

It took me a while, but I found the right libsdc++ for the current free vnc 4.1.3, deep in this: http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/gcc-3.3.2-11.00.sd.bz Merijn's HP-UX software Download Section for ITRC members is a rich source for old libraries. So if you cannot find the right depot or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Figure out the minimum os version neede to run executable or link library.

Hello, I need to figure out the minimum OS version needed to run some executable. For the following OS: Linux, AIX, Solaris. For example how do I know the minimum OS version for /bin/ls ? "file" command does not give me much information. There are some tools that are helpful for understanding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
4 Replies

8. Programming

Issues with two versions of libstdC++.so

I'm facing an issue in which my program is using a custom library (say, libxyz.so) which is compiled using libstdc++.so.5 and the system I'm using this library to create an executable from my program, has libstdc++so.6 as well as libstdc++.so.5; both available under /usr/lib directory. There are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
8 Replies
std::exception(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 std::exception(3)

NAME
std::exception - SYNOPSIS
Inherited by __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_broadcast_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_unlock_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_wait_error, __gnu_cxx::forced_error, __gnu_cxx::recursive_init_error, std::bad_alloc, std::bad_cast, std::bad_exception, std::bad_function_call, std::bad_typeid, std::bad_weak_ptr, std::ios_base::failure, std::logic_error, and std::runtime_error. Public Member Functions virtual const char * what () const noexcept Detailed Description Base class for all library exceptions. This is the base class for all exceptions thrown by the standard library, and by certain language expressions. You are free to derive your own exception classes, or use a different hierarchy, or to throw non-class data (e.g., fundamental types). Definition at line 60 of file exception. Member Function Documentation virtual const char* std::exception::what () const [virtual], [noexcept] Returns a C-style character string describing the general cause of the current error. Reimplemented in std::bad_function_call, std::ios_base::failure, std::bad_typeid, std::bad_cast, std::runtime_error, std::future_error, std::bad_exception, std::logic_error, std::bad_weak_ptr, and std::bad_alloc. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Jun 10 2014 std::exception(3)