Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: guess the fault :)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting guess the fault :) Post 302118745 by maskot on Thursday 24th of May 2007 05:09:12 AM
Old 05-24-2007
Thank you

It does work if the f2 is actually on field 2 but its is on field 23 so to speak.
File do look like this:
Col10 51 Col23 11

Col10=10 space Col 23=23spaces

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for a simple script (i guess so...)

Hi all! here is a sample of the file i am working on : $ cat toto.txt $20030613150250:Flux:ASS_IARD 20030613150250:Nombre d enregistrements Ecrits :27 20030613150250:Flux:ASS_TIER 20030613150250:Nombre d enregistrements Ecrits :27 20030613150251:Flux:ASS_PERS 20030613150251:Nombre d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HowardIsHigh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer that is not so trivial I guess

I have three computers A, B and C. To login to B and C I should use A because it has a SSH key. I don't have any other way of accessing these two computers. Now, if I need to transfer a file between B and C, I am unable to find a way that would work... because I don't know how to authenticate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Legend986
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Stack overflow i guess while insmod

I have built kernel 2.6.35 on my Ubuntu system with some specific requirement. I also built some app defined module with the same kernel. I booted up the built version and I find it did not work properly as there is some gui and other modules missing problem. But the system booted up and I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilsukumar4u
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give user 5 chances to guess my favorite color

I wrote a script to give a user 5 guesses on what is my favorite color but I it doesn't work. I've only been scripting for a couple weeks and need some help it seems simple but how do I give the user 5 guesses? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob
3 Replies

5. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Script for Dice Game; Issue with if...else loop to verify user guess is within range

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have written a script for a dice game that: (1) tells user that each of the 2 die are 6 sided (Spots=6); (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaurenRose
3 Replies

8. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
fstab(5)							File Formats Manual							  fstab(5)

Name
       fstab - file containing static information about known file systems

Description
       The  file  contains  descriptive information about the known file systems.  By convention, is created and maintained as a read-only file by
       the system administrator.  Each file system is described by its own line within The order of these lines and the file systems  they  repre-
       sent is important because and sequentially process in the performance of their tasks.

The format of each file system description in is as follows:
       spec:file:type:freq:passno:name:options
       The meanings of these fields are:

spec	 The block special file name of the device on which the file system is located.  It can also be a network name for such as or

file	 The pathname of the directory on which the file system is mounted.

type	 How the file system is mounted.  The ways in which a file system can be mounted are:
		 rw - mount the file system read-write
		 ro - mount the file system read only
		 rq - mount the file system read-write with quotas
		 sw - make the special file part of the swap space
		 xx - ignore the entry

freq	 The frequency (in days) with which the command dumps the rw, ro, and rq file systems.

passno	 The order in which the command checks the rw, ro, and rq file systems at reboot time.

name	 The  name  of	the file system type.  File systems can have the following types: ufs -- ULTRIX file system and nfs -- SUN Network
		 file system.

options	 The options field.  This field contains an arbitrary string meaningful only when mounting file systems with  the  specified  file
		 system type name, such as NFS.  The specific options are described in the reference pages.

Special	actions  occur for file systems of type sw and rq at system boot time.	File systems of type sw are made part of the swap space by
       the command and disk quotas are automatically processed by the command and then enabled by the command for rq file systems.

Examples
       Here is a sample file:
       /dev/ra0a:/:rw:1:1:ufs::
       /dev/ra1g:/usr:rw:1:2:ufs::
       /@bigvax:/bigvax:rw:0:0:nfs::
       /usr/uws2.0@bigvax:/usr/uws2.0:rw:0:0:nfs:soft,bg,nosuid:
       /usr/dec@bigvax:/usr/dec:rw:0:0:nfs:bg,soft,nosuid:
       /usr/pro/xyz@vax:/usr/pro/xyz:rw:0:0:nfs:bg,soft,intr,nosuid:
       The last three entries in the sample shown use NFS options as described in the reference page.

Restrictions
       The passno field of the root file system should be specified as 1.  Other file systems should have larger values.  File systems on the same
       device  should  have  distinct  passno  fields.	File systems on different devices may have the identical passno fields to allow them to be
       simultaneously checked.

All field delimiters (:) must exist within each file system description; only the options field may not	be  present.   However,  only  the
       fields spec and type are meaningful to sw file systems and only the type field is meaningful to xx file systems.

The file system description within should be parsed only through use of the routines.

Files
       File system information file

See Also
       getfsent(3x), dump(8), fsck(8), mount(8), mount(8nfs), mount(8ufs) quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), swapon(8)

fstab(5)