Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RPC failure on yp operation
Operating Systems Solaris RPC failure on yp operation Post 302118324 by Remi on Monday 21st of May 2007 10:14:46 AM
Old 05-21-2007
RPC failure on yp operation

Hi....I just changed the hostnname on some of my servers.., changing the NIS master hostname first...

I was able to bring the NIS master back up but when I tried to si - to a different group of users, I got the following error message:
RPC failure on yp operation

Anyone knows what else I need to change.

Thanks
Remi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Rpc

Hello, I would like to do a program (in C) on which I would have to call 3 or more executables using execl command. But if the executables are situated on another machine say Y and I do a programe on the machine X, is it possible to invoke those executables (binaries) from the other machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: driki
1 Replies

2. Programming

RPC Programming

I am trying to create a server and client pair to run using RPC. I have generated the client/server stubs, the XDR file, and the header file using rpcgen. The problem is that when I try to compile the code, I always get undefined symbols: xdr_vector, xdr_pointer, clnt_create, xdr_char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeralddream
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help with RPC Exception

Hi, I am trying to use swremove to remove some old software packages before an upgrade. I keep getting the same error below. I have restarted swagent, i have killed the swagent process and started it, and I have restarted the entire system. I have now run out of ideas. Anyone know what the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPC Timeout

I have a RHEL 2.1 machine that I am trying to get to mount a remote nfs filesystem. Both servers have 2 network interfaces. My linux machine can mount the filesystem through one interface with no problems but if I switch over and try to mount it through the other interface using a totally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darren.wyatt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

10. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies
ypwhich(1)							   User Commands							ypwhich(1)

NAME
ypwhich - return name of NIS server or map master SYNOPSIS
ypwhich [-d domain] [ [-t] -m [mname] | [-Vn] hostname] ypwhich -x DESCRIPTION
ypwhich returns the name of the NIS server that supplies the NIS name services to a NIS client, or which is the master for a map. If invoked without arguments, it gives the NIS server for the local machine. If hostname is specified, that machine is queried to find out which NIS master it is using. Refer to ypfiles(4) for an overview of the NIS name services. OPTIONS
-d domain Use domain instead of the default domain. -t This option inhibits map nickname translation. -m mname Find the master NIS server for a map. No hostname can be specified with -m. mname can be a mapname, or a nickname for a map. When mname is omitted, produce a list of available maps. -x Display the map nickname translation table. -Vn Version of ypbind, V3 is default. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Apr 1995 ypwhich(1)