Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check if a program runs on unix Post 302118276 by drchris on Monday 21st of May 2007 05:44:29 AM
Old 05-21-2007
Check if a program runs on unix

Hi guys, I had a question last week where I asked how I check from a website hosted on windows if a process is running on on of our unix servers. Vino and Shell Life kindly replied with a perl script:

if [ $(ps ef | grep '[m]qm') -gt 0 ] ; then
echo "Site is up"
else
echo "Site is down."
# start the server.
fi;

Now to run this script, I would need to telnet into unix and i found the following script:

use Net::Telnet;
$telnet = new Net::Telnet ( Timeout=>10,
Errmode=>'die');
$telnet->open(unix);
$telnet->waitfor('/login: $/i');
$telnet->print('admin');
$telnet->waitfor('/password: $/i');
$telnet->print(pass');
$telnet->waitfor('/\# $/i');
$telnet->print('who');
$output = $telnet->waitfor('/\# $/i');
print $output;

So how do I merge these two and run the script from a website?

Thank you in advance
Chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

why does my program runs in conflicting mode?

my pragram runs with 3 threads, 2 work threads, one main thread. the 2 work threads run with the same mode and the same code. but now, one of the work thread can't work, and it uses the cpu more than 80%, sometimes uses 100% cpu resource. the another work thread work well. when I viewed the HP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happylife365
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Minutes a program runs.

I have a ksh script that executes a program with a predetermined timeout in minutes. If the program takes longer then the timeout then it still completes with a return code of 0. :confused: I would like to determine how long the program ran. Then if it takes longer than the timeout I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to check memory leak in C program under Unix

Hi, How to detect memory leak in C program under unix ? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
6 Replies

4. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab runs only one line in iterated program

I have a crontab as below: PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/bin/:..... etc etc 0 8 * * * /home/user/jobs/poll.sh 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null Now the script poll.sh is called at correct time and executes. This is how poll.sh looks like #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where can I find the program that runs the -wc command?

Hey guys, I was wondering. When I enter a command in the terminal -wcl for a word count, where is that program located in the kernel? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
7 Replies
telnetrc(4)							   File Formats 						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc - file for telnet default options DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains commands that are executed when a connection is established on a per-host basis. Each line in the file con- tains a host name, one or more spaces or tabs, and a telnet(1) command. The host name, DEFAULT, matches all hosts. Lines beginning with the pound sign (#) are interpreted as comments and therefore ignored. telnet(1) commands are case-insensitive to the contents of the .telnetrc file. The .telnetrc file is retrieved from each user's HOME directory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. In the following example, a .telnetrc file executes the telnet(1) command, toggle: weirdhost toggle crmod # Always export $PRINTER DEFAULT environ export PRINTER The lines in this file indicate that the toggle argument crmod, whose default value is "off" (or FALSE), should be enabled when connecting to the system weirdhost. In addition, the value of the environment variable PRINTER should be exported to all systems. In this case, the DEFAULT keyword is used in place of the host name. FILES
$HOME/.telnetrc SEE ALSO
telnet(1), in.telnetd(1M), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 1998 telnetrc(4)