Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Daemon 101
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Daemon 101 Post 302118019 by Miller_K on Thursday 17th of May 2007 06:37:01 PM
Old 05-17-2007
I will give this a shot...thanks!!!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NOQUEUE: low on space ( have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

hi, I'm in Solaris 2.8 env. When i'm trying to add a ftp user account , encountered "no space in disk" .. couldn't create any user. Then check the fs disk space with "df - k " and /var/adm/syslog .. got the below message. Jun 9 03:10:53 mail sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolly
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Me please scripting 101

Hi, I had to pull a handful of account numbers from a file into a table. Now I want to do a basic list from a directory in my program showing me if any files for these customers exist. There are files associated with each client and need to be processed individually. $Paytos = 00153301 00153302... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 101 - to (do) ; or not to (do) ; ?

I figured this forum needs some laughs , so I am posting this. And if the answer is - it depends on bash version - do not reply. This is from "manual" while CONTROL-COMMAND; do CONSEQUENT-COMMANDS; done And here is the REAL code - no ";" while do xterm & i=$ done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
2 Replies
ATTIMER(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATTIMER(4)

NAME
attimer -- i8254 Programmable Interval Timer (AT Timer) driver SYNOPSIS
This driver is a mandatory part of x86 kernels. The following tunables are settable from the loader(8): hint.attimer.X.clock controls support for the event timer functionality. Setting this value to 0 disables it. The default value is 1. hint.attimer.X.timecounter controls support for the time counter functionality. Setting this value to 0 disables it. The default value is 1. hw.i8254.freq allows overriding the default counter frequency. The same value is also available at run-time via the machdep.i8254_freq sysctl. DESCRIPTION
This driver uses i8254 Programmable Interval Timer (AT Timer) hardware to supply the kernel with one timecounter and one event timer, and to generate sound tones for the system speaker. This hardware includes three channels. Each channel includes a 16 bit counter which decreases with a known, platform-dependent frequency. Counters can operate in several different modes, including periodic and one-shot. The output of each channel has platform-defined wiring: one channel is wired to the interrupt controller and may be used as event timer, one channel is wired to the speaker and used to generate sound tones, and one timer is reserved for platform purposes. The attimer driver uses a single hardware channel to provide both time counter and event timer functionality. To make this possible, the respective counter must be running in periodic mode. As a result, the one-shot event timer mode is supported only when time counter func- tionality is disabled. The event timer provided by the driver is irrelevant to CPU power states. SEE ALSO
apic(4), atrtc(4), eventtimers(4), hpet(4), timecounters(4) BSD
May 26, 2014 BSD