Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Replacing Characters in Flat File Post 302117970 by Shell_Life on Thursday 17th of May 2007 11:32:47 AM
Old 05-17-2007
Vgersh,
I agree with you, but the sample is not precise as it has two strings
treated in two different ways:
Quote:
"bill"
william
I tried to solve the problem based on the sample data.
Thank you for analizing it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing few characters in a file

Hi All, I have huge xml file. The file contains some comment tags . I have requirement to replace comment tag with another comment tag. Say for example : file X has -- Part of the file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-2"?><translationResults jobDate="20070123 23:20:51"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purnakarthik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing the characters in a file

hi i want to replace the characters between positions 2 to 30 in each line in a file how to do it suggestions welcome (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing characters in csv file

Hello all, This is my first post here, so please excuse me if this question is too obvious or has been asked before. I am new to Unix and although I tried to search your forum for the answer to my question, I could not find an answer that would help me. I have a 500MB csv file with numeric values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finwhiz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

foreign characters in flat file

Hey, Is there anyway I anks, Pocha (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in Flat file based on first 5 characters

Hi I have the fixed width flat file having the following data 12345aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb 12365sssssssssscccccccccc 12365sssss 12367ddddddddddvvvvvvvvvv 12367 vvvvv Here the first column is length 5 second is length 10 third is length 10 if the second or third column exceeds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brado
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to cut a flat file according to a certain number of characters?

hello everybody i am looking for a shell to cut a flat file (with a long unique line) according to a certain number of characters and redirect every result to an output file. here is an example MyFile : 12 3 456 12 3 456 12 3 456 ..... and i took every 9-characters including BLANKS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove numeric characters in the flat file

HI, can any one help me please .. i have flat file like qwer123rt ass3242ccf jjk654 kjh838ppp nhdg453ok hdkk34 i want remove numeric characters in the flat file i want output like this qwerrt assccf jjk kjhppp nhdgok hdkk help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafimd1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding distinct characters from flat file

Hi....I need one help.... I'm having a files which is having the data as follows... a b c c d d d e f Now I need to find out distinct characters from this file and the output should be as follows - a b c d e f Can you please help me on this? I'm using KSH script. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishanu Saha
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing multiple spaces in flat file

Greetings all I have a delimited text file (the delimiter is ';') where certain fields consist of many blanks e.g. ; ; and ; ; Before I separate the data I need to eliminate these blanks altogether. I tried the sed command using the following syntax: sed -i 's/; *;/;;/g' <filename> ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: S. BASU
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing characters in a file

Suppose I have a file which has 1000 columns (5 SHOWN FOR EXAMPLE) two alphabets are separated by a space and then tab A A"\t"C C"\t"G G"\t"0 0"\t"T T A G"\t"C C"\t"G G"\t"A T"\t"0 0 G A"\t"0 0"\t"G C"\t"A A"\t"T C whenever there is a 0 0 in any column, the output should be printed as A... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
12 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)