Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: logging errors
Operating Systems Solaris logging errors Post 302117836 by reborg on Wednesday 16th of May 2007 04:41:59 PM
Old 05-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Life
Calamine,
See if this works for you.
If you don't care about the errors:
Code:
your_shell 3>/dev/null

or if you want to save the errors in an "error_file":
Code:
your_shell 3>error_file

I think this was a typo followed by a copy and paste of the typo, it should be:

Code:
your_shell 2>/dev/null

or if you want to save the errors in an "error_file":
Code:
your_shell 2>error_file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

logging

is there a log/ how do i make a log that logs every packet inbound or outbound through my server? I want every packet or packet fragment to be logged that comes to my server. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

4. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

5. Programming

Logging

Hi How to manage logging in an application. Actually I am developing a Client-Server application in c/c++ and want to manage an optional logging in my application, but since prior I have never done ths activity. Plz guide me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging errors using perl

Hi, Can some one please tell me how to redirect only errors to the log file using perl. Thanks, Anjan. ---------- Post updated at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:39 PM ---------- Also, i dont want to use any module. Please tell me in normal way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)