Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris mail problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris mail problem Post 302117654 by stdout on Tuesday 15th of May 2007 10:03:37 PM
Old 05-15-2007
hi hshapiro,

Code:
oot... deliverable: mailer relay, host standard.com., user root@standard.com

whats your 127.0.0.1 machine name?
theres got to be localhost right?
so change whatever daemon to send mail with that (root@localhost).
or with root@your_machine.your_domain

cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris E-Mail Notifications ?!

Hi , I need to have a monitoring system also I wanna have E-Mail Notification .or SMS notification to be on touch with my System : ) ... Regards Adel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mail problems - how to send mail on solaris

Hello I am new user on solaris... I need to configure my solaris to be able to send mails... I know mailx command mailx -s hello address@address.com but I get an error... you have mail in /var/mail/root # hello... User unknown /dead.letter... Saved message in /dead.letter what... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
10 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris mail query

Hi, I have deployed the same script on a number of Solaris application servers. It is run by cron every ten minutes to check the OS for application daemons. If any of the daemons is found not running, a message is generated to a temporary file. At the end of the script the there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can not send mail in solaris 5.9

Hi !! I'm trying to send myself a mail from my Solaris server, i had tryed with this commands: mail -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt mailx -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt sendmail -F "test" address "irasela.yahoo.com" -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris & mail

On my solaris server, I suddenly got a message saying Message from metatest on server. Check xxx mailbox for details. How do I chcek the message. I don't find xxx mailbox. Please help me ASAP. This is very urgent. Thanks & Regards, Nalina H V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalinahv
1 Replies

7. Solaris

mail on Solaris 10

Hi, I work in Solaris 10.... I want to configure the mailing agent in my server.... I have been trying to use the command mail -s "test" hv899@cummins.com Hello EOT What are the configurations to be made to sendmail.cf.. Please let me know.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail too slow on solaris

Hi, I am using /usr/ucb/mail for mailing thru script. But mail reaches after 30-40 mins. What can be the reason and also how to check status and related info (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify second mail relay in Solaris?

Dears, I've configured Solaris (10) server to send mails to corporate mailboxes. Now I need to specify second relay, so if mailx will see that mail xxx@aaa.com it will send to 111.111.111.111 (aaa.com) and if it will see that mail belongs to bbb.com - xxx@bbb.com it will send to another IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
3 Replies
IWATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 IWATCH(1)

NAME
iwatch - a realtime filesystem monitor / monitor any changes in directories/files specified SYNOPSIS
iwatch [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the iwatch command. iWatch is a realtime filesystem monitoring program. It's a simple perl script to monitor changes in specific directories/files and send email notification immediately. It reads the dir/file list from xml config file and needs inotify support in kernel (Linux Kernel >= 2.6.13). OPTIONS
Usage for daemon mode of iWatch: iwatch [-d] [-f <config file>] [-v] [-p <pid file>] In the daemon mode iWatch has the following options: -d Execute the application as daemon. iWatch will run in foregroud without this option. -f <configfile.xml> Specify alternative configuration file. Default is /etc/iwatch/iwatch.xml. -p <pidfile> Specify an alternate pid file (default: /var/run/iwatch.pid) -v Be verbose. Usage for command line mode of iWatch: iwatch [-c command] [-e event[,event[,..]]] [-h|--help] [-m <email address>] [-r] [-s <on|off>] [-t <filter string>] [-v] [--version] [-x exception] [-X <regex string as exception>] <target> In the command line mode iWatch has the following options: -c <command> You can specify a command to be executed if an event occurs. For details about the string format take a look at /usr/share/doc/iwatch/README.gz. -C <charset> Specify the charset (default is utf-8). -e <event[,event[,..]]> Events list. For details about possible events take a look at /usr/share/doc/iwatch/README.gz. -h, --help Print help message. -m <emailaddress> Contact point's email address. Without this option, iwatch will not send any email notification (obviously). -r Recursivity of the watched directory. -s on|off Enable or disable reports to the syslog (default is off/disabled). -t <filter> Filter string (regex) to compare with the filename or directory name. -x <exception file or directory> Specify the file or directory which should not be watched. -X <regex string as exception> Specify a regex string as exception. USAGE EXAMPLES
% iwatch /tmp Monitor changes in /tmp directory with default events. % iwatch -r -e access,create -m root@localhost -x /etc/mail /etc Monitor only access and create events in /etc directory recursively with /etc/mail as exception and send email notification to cahya@localhost. % iwatch -r -c (w;ps -ef)|mail -s '%f was changed' root@localhost /bin Monitor /bin directory recursively and execute the command. % iwatch -r -X '.svn' ~/projects Monitor ~/projects directory recursively, but exclude any .svn directories inside. This can't be done with a normal '-x' option since '-x' can only exclude the defined path. AUTHOR
iwatch was written by Cahya Wirawan <cahya@gmx.at>. This manual page was written by Michael Prokop <mika@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). IWATCH(1)