Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Multidimension character array Post 302117519 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 15th of May 2007 06:50:26 AM
Old 05-15-2007
assigning values to character array elements
Code:
#include <string.h>
void bld_arr(char arr[][32], const int len)
{
     int i=0;
     for(i=0;i<len;i++)
         strcpy(arr[i],"string value");
}

int main()
{
    char arr[48][32]={0x0};  // 48 element array, each element has 32 characters
    bld_arr(arr, 48);
    return 0;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting contents of a character array to int

Hi, I have character array and i need to convert the content to int. program snipet: char array = {"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9"}. I need to to extract each of these array fields and store them into an integer variable. Casting the contents to (int), gives the ascii value of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A final question! Compare character with each array element

qwrtyuiop666yhh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a defined character on an array variable in a do while statement in ksh

I have a korn shell code here on a while do statement which replace the string stored on an array removing double quotes characters on it but it doesn't work. example record: appointmentDate = "tree" which value should result to tree #!/bin/ksh # Remove " on string records let recordCount=3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I check the first character of each variable stored in array

variables are stored in this format D0000, D12345, S1234, D12345 | KestrelPrdV2_0.build.177 - svn 141115 tag as V2.0.0.14 D0000, D12345, S1234, D12345 My question is how can I check the first character of each variable stored in array.It should be start with D or S. Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

6. Programming

Unable to assign zero to unsigned character array

Hi, I am unable to assign value zero to my variable which is defined as unsigned char. typedef struct ABCD { unsigned char abc; unsigned char def; unsigned char ghi; } ABCD; typedef ABCD *PABCD; In my Por*C code, i assign the values using memcpy like below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find length of multidimension array ???

Does anyone know how to find length of multi dimension array of following type A Afor simple array I is to do for (i in A)n++ to find length of array but if it is multi dimension how to find the length ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
2 Replies

8. Programming

Character pointer to Character array

how to copy content of character pointer to character array in c programming.. char *num; char name=num; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zinat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use decimal value of array in bc ends with illegal character

hi all I have to read a long cvs file every 4 columns with decimal "3,45" numbers. The 9th row in this cvs is the first line I need, so it I tail -n+9. I use sed -e 's/,/./g' to get decimal values with . delimiter. So far no problem. Goal is to get two maximum negative forces in ranges... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grille
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in awk array

somedata | awk -F"#soils#" '{split($1,a,"NITNUM="); print a}' how can i edit the content of array 2 above? what i want to do is get rid of single quotes and double quotes. and then turn the "NewLine" into new lines. the data in array 2 (a) is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Repeatable(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Repeatable(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Repeatable - repeatable (array) field VERSION
version 0.40013 SYNOPSIS
In a form, for an array of hashrefs, equivalent to a 'has_many' database relationship. has_field 'addresses' => ( type => 'Repeatable' ); has_field 'addresses.address_id' => ( type => 'PrimaryKey' ); has_field 'addresses.street'; has_field 'addresses.city'; has_field 'addresses.state'; In a form, for an array of single fields (not directly equivalent to a database relationship) use the 'contains' pseudo field name: has_field 'tags' => ( type => 'Repeatable' ); has_field 'tags.contains' => ( type => 'Text', apply => [ { check => ['perl', 'programming', 'linux', 'internet'], message => 'Not a valid tag' } ] ); or use 'contains' with single fields which are compound fields: has_field 'addresses' => ( type => 'Repeatable' ); has_field 'addresses.contains' => ( type => '+MyAddress' ); If the MyAddress field contains fields 'address_id', 'street', 'city', and 'state', then this syntax is functionally equivalent to the first method where the fields are declared with dots ('addresses.city'); You can pass attributes to the 'contains' field by supplying a 'contains' hashref. has_field 'addresses' => ( type => 'Repeatable, init_contains => { wrapper_attr => { class => ['hfh', 'repinst'] } }, ); DESCRIPTION
This class represents an array. It can either be an array of hashrefs (compound fields) or an array of single fields. The 'contains' keyword is used for elements that do not have names because they are not hash elements. This field node will build arrays of fields from the the parameters or an initial object, or empty fields for an empty form. The name of the element fields will be an array index, starting with 0. Therefore the first array element can be accessed with: $form->field('tags')->field('0') $form->field('addresses')->field('0)->field('city') or using the shortcut form: $form->field('tags.0') $form->field('addresses.0.city') The array of elements will be in "$form->field('addresses')->fields". The subfields of the elements will be in a fields array in each element. foreach my $element ( $form->field('addresses')->fields ) { foreach my $field ( $element->fields ) { # do something } } Every field that has a 'fields' array will also have an 'error_fields' array containing references to the fields that contain errors. Complications When new elements are created by a Repeatable field in a database form an attempt is made to re-load the Repeatable field from the database, because otherwise the repeatable elements will not have primary keys. Although this works, if you have included other fields in your repeatable elements that do *not* come from the database, the defaults/values must be able to be loaded in a way that works when the form is initialized from the database item. This is only an issue if you re-present the form after the database update succeeds. ATTRIBUTES
index This attribute contains the next index number available to create an additional array element. num_when_empty This attribute (default 1) indicates how many empty fields to present in an empty form which hasn't been filled from parameters or database rows. num_extra When the field results are built from an existing object (item or init_object) an additional number of repeatable elements will be created equal to this number. Default is 0. add_extra When a form is submitted and the field results are built from the input parameters, it's not clear when or if an additional repeatable element might be wanted. The method 'add_extra' will add an empty repeatable element. $form->process( params => {....} ); $form->field('my_repeatable')->add_extra(1); This might be useful if the form is being re-presented to the user. AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Repeatable(3pm)