Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mv command if you dont know the full name of the file Post 302117157 by absolutdani on Friday 11th of May 2007 04:46:21 AM
Old 05-11-2007
Ok.

It works. I was using a wrong path...

Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Retrieving the full command

Hi All, I would like to retrieve the whole command that got executed for a running process rather than a truncated string, as a result of running ps -ef on HP-UX. Please help. TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trocadero
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command << EOF(dont want to call other script)

Dear Freinds, Help needed in input redirection . My problem is as follows.. I have a shell script as follows which calls another gnuplot script . datagen.sh #!/bin/ksh gnuplot plot_I.plt In the above file I am calling another file called plot_I.plt which reside in the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

3. AIX

Dont want to change the codepage of a unicode file

I have a unicode file which needs to be modifed in an AIX environment from within a shell (ksh). I am concerned that the modification may involve a change in the file's codepage. Is my concern correct ? If so, whats the way around ? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command dont tar to original directory

HI, if I have a tarfile called pmapdata.tar that contains tar -tvf pmapdata.tar -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 15 11:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap4628.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 21 Oct 14 20:00 2009 /var/tmp/pmapdata/pmap23752.txt -rw-r--r-- 0/0 1625 Oct 13 20:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution in a file dont work with an Array in filename

Hi. I´ve a script that should substitude the 8th line in a file called xxx.num6. The "xxx" is set by an array filled with this command: j=0 for Par in *.sys ; do Par=`echo $Par | sed 's/\(.*\).sys/\1/'` ; Par2="$Par" ; echo "${Par2}" j=$((j + 1)); done Now i try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lock3
0 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns from a file if the name dont exist put blank

Hi, I am very new to Unix script. Suppose i have a file with column header: NAME1 NAME2 Address Tel And I always need to make a file with column header: ID NAME1 NAME2 EMail Address Tel For the columns that do not exist in the file, I would still like to make a column with blank. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightrider
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file if we dont know exact location of file ?

Hi I want know "How to find a file if we dont know exact location of file ?" Thanks, Tushar Joshi:) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tusharjoshi
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

dont want to ftp file which has been already ftpied

curr_time=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` curr_date=`date +%Y%m%d` zero=0 script_path="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Scripts/bulk_file_ftp" file_dir="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Bulk_Files" todays_file_count=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}' | wc -l` todays_file=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file dont have that string

I have 13 text files and almost all of them contain the same string. but some file has diffrent string inside. I want to send that file which has a diffrent string inside (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
11 Replies
zipcloak(1)						      General Commands Manual						       zipcloak(1)

NAME
zipcloak - encrypt entries in a zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipcloak [-d] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to encrypt entries in OPTIONS
-b path --temp-path path Use the directory given by path for the temporary zip file. -d --decrypt Decrypt encrypted entries (copy if given wrong password). -h --help Show a short help. -L --license Show software license. -O path --output-file zipfile Write output to new archive zipfile, leaving original archive as is. -q --quiet Quiet operation. Suppresses some informational messages. -v --version Show version information. DESCRIPTION
zipcloak encrypts all unencrypted entries in the zipfile. This is the default action. The -d option is used to decrypt encrypted entries in the zipfile. zipcloak uses original zip encryption which is considered weak. Note: The encryption code of this program is not copyrighted and is put in the public domain. It was originally written in Europe and can be freely distributed from any country including the U.S.A. (Previously if this program was imported into the U.S.A, it could not be re-exported from the U.S.A to another country.) See the file README.CR included in the source distribution for more on this. Otherwise, the Info-ZIP license applies. EXAMPLES
To be added. BUGS
Large files (> 2 GB) and large archives not yet supported. Split archives not yet supported. A work around is to convert the split archive to a single-file archive using zip and then use zipcloak on the single-file archive. If needed, the resulting archive can then be split again using zip. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipcloak(1)