Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reading text from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading text from a file Post 302117055 by aigles on Thursday 10th of May 2007 09:48:19 AM
Old 05-10-2007
Quote:
expr: syntax error
./release.sh[16]: [${#[*]}]=femotest: bad substitution
This portion of code is generated by the eval command :
Code:
*) eval ${entry}[\${#${entry}[*]}]='$record' ;;

Looks like variable entry not assigned.
  • Initialize entry with a GARBAGE value to catch lines found before an @ entry.
    Code:
    entry=GARBAGE
    while read record
    do

• the syntax of the expr command seems valid.
    Add a trace option in the readReleaseFile function, that will permit to see the expr command that is executed.
    Code:
    readReleaseFile()
    {
       set -x

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading text file

I have a text file with 50 munbers. I wanna read these numbers and append "@yahoo.com" and send emails to them using shell scripting.......... How do i read the inetegres from the text file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Text file.....

Hi Im MZ.... please help me with my requirements..... Requirement: I have a text file named information.txt which contains information about Oracle Instances, I want to fetch data's from that text file and want to display an output using shell script. Explanation : i.e. when I execute that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with reading text file

How can i have a while loop as follows while read inputline do <task> done < name_list and also store the values (delimited) on each line to temp variables so as to print them on screen as follows while read inputline do set name | cut -d "," -f1 name_list # #i know this is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal05
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Reading Text from file

Hello, I am having a tough time reading data from an input text file. The input file has lines of data which is comma seperated. Each line represents a record/row, but unfortunately the data in the individual column/fields have spaces and `cat filename`is not returning entire line ( to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
4 Replies

5. Programming

reading a text file in c++

hello all , im trying to read a text file and display its contents. While i got the code running and the output was displayed perfectly for sometime , i started getting Abort(core dump) error . Am i missing something here ? im using HP-UX. #include <iostream.h> #include <fstream.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishy_85
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a value from another text file

I am having a text file best = 100 genre = 75 group = 53 . . and so on I need to read those values (100,75,53,...) from my shell script. I have to do the same function for all the variables. So in my script i used for loop to do the same. for { a=best b=100 } Video tutorial on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorekumar87
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the text file for particular format

Hi All, Need your help!! I have particular host file with below format: 172.34.45.67 Host1 Host2 134.45.56.67 Host3 Host4 Host5 I need shell script snippet which read this file and change the format of the file to the below format 172.34.45.67 Host1 172.34.45.67 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading colums from a text file

Hi all, I have a text file that has (4) columns. There are about 300 lines on this file. It is a plain text file. I am looking to write a simple script that will read each line from the file and generate another text file. The file looks something like this: These are the columns: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamw
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)