Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Accesing structure member:Error:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type Post 302116629 by amit4g on Monday 7th of May 2007 08:25:13 AM
Old 05-07-2007
Thanks a ton anbu23 : )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Programming

error: field has incomplete type

Hello there, Here is how it goes - I have written a small test driver as an exercise to "Linux Device Drivers" and as a preparation for writing a real, functional driver. For the sake of seeing how far I got it working (I already implemented the open(0, read(), write() and ioctl() calls) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
4 Replies

3. Programming

pointer to structure example pls

Dear friends, First all I applogize for posting such a simple question , as I love this forum and forum participants thats why I am posting my problem here.. Why I am getting error when I remove the commented lines typedef unsigned int U; typedef struct {U c; U d;} vec32; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

4. Programming

error: field `fatx_i' has incomplete type

I'm trying to compile a 2.4.26 kernel but I have to apply two patches to it. The patches are: linux-2.4.26-xbox.patch openMosix-2.4.26-1 This is the reason that it doesn't compile. There is only one error but I'm not familiar with C or C++(Unfortunately only Java and some lower-level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lateralus01
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

6. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

// Hello all, I am having this error "Dereferencing pointer to incomplete type " on these 2 lines: xpoint = my_point->x; ypoint = my_point->y; I am having no clue y this is happening. Any help would be greately appreciated!!!! #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies

7. Programming

Dereferencing pointer to a shared memory struct

I have what should be a relatively simple program (fadec.c) that maps a struct from an included header file (fadec.h) to a shared memory region, but I’m struggling accessing members in the struct from the pointer returned by shmat. Ultimately, I want to access members in the shared memory structure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arette
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation Error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I am getting a dereferencing pointer to incomplete type error when i compile the following code on lines highlighted in red. Can anyone help me in identifying what is wrong in the code? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> typedef struct{ int info; struct node* link ; } node; void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
3 Replies

9. Programming

Declare member of struct as a pointer in c

I have a uint8_t *C = malloc(24*sizeof(uint8_t)); I need to send some integers and this *C to another node(in ad hoc network). So I am going to use a struct ` struct fulMsg { int msgType; int msgCount; //uint8_t *CC; } fulMsg_t; typedef struct fulMsg fulMsg_tt;` there is a method... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chap
1 Replies

10. Programming

Traversing member of structure of vector C++

Hello, I want to loop thru a vector composed of many entries as structure, which contains sequenceID and sequence. At looping, delete any structure if the sequence is a perfect-match substring of another sequence of any other structure, so that the resulted vector contains only unique sequences.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies
mouse_waitforupdate(3)						Svgalib User Manual					    mouse_waitforupdate(3)

NAME
mouse_waitforupdate - wait for an mouse update SYNOPSIS
#include <vgamouse.h> void mouse_waitforupdate(void); DESCRIPTION
This reads in mouse events from the mouse buffer and updates the internal svgalib variables which store the current mouse position and but- ton states. If there are no events the function does not return until one occurs. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), eventtest(6), mouse_close(3), mouse_init(3), mouse_getposition_6d(3), mouse_setposition(3), mouse_setscale(3), mouse_setwrap(3), mouse_setxrange(3), mouse_getx(3), mouse_waitforupdate(3), vga_setmousesupport(3), mouse_seteven- thandler(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 mouse_waitforupdate(3)