Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DST Change For Australia
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DST Change For Australia Post 302116601 by Mohammed on Monday 7th of May 2007 03:26:43 AM
Old 05-07-2007
DST Change For Australia

Hello ,

We are investigating an issue from a customer from Western Australia related to DST change on 25 th March. The customer in Australia has the below settings for Time Zone. The System is Solaris 9.

TZ=Australia/NSW
CMASK=022

We are trying to reproduce the problem in our local enviorenment. We did the following steps

1. Changed the TZ parametre in /etc/TIMEZONE to Western Australia.
2. Rebooted the machine.
3. Manually set the time at 25 March 2007 2:58 AM

But the date didnt go 1 Hr back after 3:00.

We also manually changed the date to 1:58 but the clock didnt go 1 hr back after 2.

Any help on how to reproduce the DST on local env is appreciated .

Thanks
Mohammed

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

confused in australia

hi! i have a lot of files (800+) (in windows format - i.e. they have spaces in the filename) that i need to copy to disk... if i write a for loop to ls the files and copy it fails as the file it trys to read is just the 1st part of the file (which of course doesnt exist)... i dont want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: serm
4 Replies

2. AIX

Australia NSW DST

Hello. Our application is running on AIX box located in NSW , Australia. As DST starts on Oct 28th - Do you know IF AIX boxes have auto updates of day light saving times? IF not , how to do it? IF yes, where can I verify it? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

3. Linux

DST Time Change for positive timezones not working

I was doing timezone and DST testing which is required for some of my products Here is the strange behaviour i observed First i did set the timezone to PST 2010 (which is less than GMT basically negative timezone) zdump -v /etc/localtime |grep 2010 /etc/localtime Sun Mar 14 09:59:59... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra1103
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

DST change on Compaq Tru64

Hello all, I hope someone can help me. We have Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1B (Rev. 2650). By latest Belarus government act Europe/Minsk timezone was changed to GMT+3 without DST (was GMT+2 with DST). Please advice how to do changes on our machine. Thank You in advance, md1982 (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: md1982
15 Replies

5. AIX

Bug in AIX 6.1/7.1 Time Zone DST Change -again

Hi Everyone Just wanted to share with you that IBM AIX is having again problem with Summer Time Shift.. IBM Possible Action Required: System time may not change properly at DST start/end dates on AIX 7.1 and AIX 6.1 - United States For me it means some additional overtimes in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gito
0 Replies

6. AIX

Change Time Zone to UTC without DST

Hello AIX friends, We have timezone settings on our AIX 6.1 boxes set to Europe/London. How can I change it to UTC timezone with Daylight saving disabled. After running "smit chtz_user" I don't see UTC option in the listing. Please advise. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies
zone2ldap(1)						      General Commands Manual						      zone2ldap(1)

NAME
zone2ldap /- Load BIND 9 Zone files into LDAP Directory SYNOPSIS
zone2ldap [-D Bind DN] [-w Bind Password] [-b Base DN] [-z Zone] [-f Zone File ] [-h Ldap Host] [-cd] [-v] DESCRIPTION
zone2ldap will parse a complete BIND 9 format DNS zone file, and load the contents into an LDAP directory, for use with the LDAP sdb back- end. If the zone already exists, zone2ldap will exit succesfully. If the zone does not exists, or partially exists, zone2ldap will attempt to add all/missing zone data. Options -b LDAP Base DN. LDAP systems require a "base dn", which is generally considered the LDAP Directory root. If the zone you are loading is different from the base, then you will need to tell zone2ldap what your LDAP base is. -v Print version information, and immediatly exit. -f Zone file. Bind 9.1 compatible zone file, from which zone information will be read. -d Dump debug information to standard out. -w LDAP Bind password, corresponding the the value of "-b". -h LDAP Directory host. This is the hostname of the LDAP system you wish to store zone information on. An LDAP server should be lis- tening on port 389 of the target system. This may be ommited, and will default to "localhost". -c This will create the zone portion of the DN you are importing. For instance, if you are creating a domain.com zone, zone2ldap should first create "dc=domain,dc=com". This is useful if you are creating multiple domains. -z This is the name of the zone specified in the SOA record. EXAMPLES
Following are brief examples of how to import a zone file into your LDAP DIT. Loading zone domain.com, with an LDAP Base DN of dc=domain,dc=com zone2ldap -D dc=root -w secret -h localhost -z domain.com -f domain.com.zone This will add Resource Records into an ALREADY EXISTING dc=domain,dc=com. The final SOA DN in this case, will be dc=@,dc=domain,dc=com Loading customer.com, if your LDAP Base DN is dc=provider,dc=net. zone2ldap -D dc=root -w secret -h localhost -z customer.com -b dc=provider,dc=net -f customer.com.zone -c This will create dc=customer,dc=com under dc=provider,dc=net, and add all necessary Resource Records. The final root DN to the SOA will be dc=@,dc=customer,dc=com,dc=provider,dc=net. SEE ALSO
named(8) ldap(3) http://www.venaas.no/ldap/bind-sdb/ BUGS
Send all bug reports to Jeff McNeil <jeff@snapcase.g-rock.net> AUTHOR
Jeff McNeil <jeff@snapcase.g-rock.net> 8 March 2001 zone2ldap(1)