Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX aCC compiler error - Redefined symbols Post 302116465 by Perderabo on Friday 4th of May 2007 06:25:36 AM
Old 05-04-2007
A shot in the dark: try adding -DHAS_BOOL to the aCC command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I may have accidentally redefined one of the outputs...

I get unexpected results when doing ls -al | more and ls -al | grep. When I do not pipe the output, it comes to the screen just fine, and there is output! When I pipe to another command, I either get nothing, or else I get a strange dump. Which of the outputs have I accidentally affected?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joang
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

acc compiler install question

Hello, New to the board. Experienced solaris admin, unexperienced HP admin. I'm trying to install the acc compiler package B3913DB off of the HP-UX 11.0 application software CD. I have the cd mounted on another system, and nfs mounted as /mnt on the HP-UX box. I don't have a whole lot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

ACC Compiler

Hi, Can anybody guide as to whether the aCC compiler for RISC (9000/785) be used with ia64 processor? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

aCC compiler help

hello, i'm now working on a traduction of a makefile from HP_UX environnement to IBM_AIX environnement, so , first of all i need help about aCC compiler and the meaning of each option of compilation, and if possible its equivalent in AIX it's urgent, any help will be highly appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingmastersimo
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

aCC compiler: dramatic drop in .o file sizes?

We've just moved to a new iTanium development system at my place of business, as the previous one is going to be diverted to other uses. Our product uses a locally produced library built from over 2,300 C++ sources. We just noticed that our libraries are 2/3s smaller on the new system than they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark F. Cook
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Impacts on upgrading the aCC compiler in HP-UX

Hi, We are currently using the aCC 3.13 compiler in HP-UX 11.0 but we need to upgrade the aCC compiler version from aCC 3.13 to aCC3.31. 1. Is there any major impact of update the compiler? 2. What are the major things we need to make sure before updating the compiler? Can any one guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
2 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. Programming

aCC Compile error message

my C++ Compiler is ACC version aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.85 OS Version B.11.11 this my program error message I don't know what error it is aCC -g -DHPUX -DCHT_DEBUG -DNOSTD -c CProcess.cpp Error 181: "CProcess.cpp", line 83 # Expected 0 argument(s) for "void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aCC exit error

Hi guys I would just like to know if aCC supports the command exit(0); in c++? I am always getting the error below: Error 328: "ac5.C", line 37 # Function 'exit' has not been defined yet; cannot call. exit(0); ^^^^ Anyone had this problem? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subroutine redefined warnings with require keyword

I've been writing a perl script that uses the require keyword. I need to use require for two files, say file a and file b. Here is a general overview of my code: @files = ("a", "b"); foreach $file (@files){ require $file; ... ... } Whenever I run my script, I get subroutine "blah"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chu816
1 Replies
crt0_ia(3)						     Library Functions Manual							crt0_ia(3)

NAME
crt0_ia: crt0.o - execution startup routines for Integrity systems SYNOPSIS
Remarks This manpage describes for Integrity systems. For on PA-RISC systems, see crt0_pa(3). DESCRIPTION
The C, aC++, and FORTRAN compilers link in the object file for statically-bound programs to provide startup capabilities and environments for program execution. It contains startup code that must be linked using to every statically-bound program. In a dynamically linked program (the default method), the object file is not used, and all actions normally associated with it are instead done by the dynamic loader dld.so(5). processes initializers and terminators. Initializers are routines that are called before the program entry point and terminators are rou- tines that are called when the program terminates via the routine. Initializers are invoked in reverse order of the link line so that dependent libraries are initialized before the libraries that depend on them. Terminators, on the other hand, are invoked in the forward order. does not define any variables. It, however, sets the following global variables: A variable of type long containing the number of arguments. An array of character pointers to the arguments themselves. An array of character pointers to the environment in which the program will run. This array is terminated by a null pointer. A variable of type long containing the system id value for an executable program. A variable of type long containing the requested thread local storage size. This variable is initialized with data from the ker- nel. A variable of type void * containing load information passed from the kernel. A variable of type void * whose value equals to the global pointer. A symbol named is also declared in as an enumeration constant, and is incompatible with the declaration in In order to include both header files, it is necessary to define the macro before including This will force the header file to omit the conflicting definition of The enumeration constant is equivalent to in that context, and may be used instead. See ttrace(2). AUTHOR
The features described in this entry originated from AT&T UNIX System III. FILES
SEE ALSO
System Tools aCC(1) invoke the HP-UX aC++ compiler cc(1) invoke the HP-UX C compiler dld.so(5) the dynamic loader exec(2) execute a file f90(1) invoke the HP-UX FORTRAN compiler ld(1) invoke the link editor Miscellaneous end(3C) symbol of the last locations in program Integrity Systems Only crt0_ia(3)