Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO Unix; possible to resize partitions? Post 302116428 by PartieHonteuse on Thursday 3rd of May 2007 09:44:20 PM
Old 05-03-2007
jgt,

Thank you for the quick reply and sorry for the slow response. I have been messing around with this thing. I've found something else already on the system called Lone-Tar and used that. It seems to be going well but I'm still getting errors!!! It's driving me nuts. I can't figure out what's wrong. It tells me the database needs maintenance on a screen with some text that says "Pro/5" from BASIS international. I looked them up but really couldn't find much info on repairing my problem. There's only 1 consulting firm I was able to contact about this software and they want nearly $15,000 and they don't guarantee anything so I might as well do it myself!

Anyone here know what Pro/5 is and why I'm getting a warning about a database needing maintenance????

Thank You,

Partie™

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

2. Slackware

Which Unix for Fileserving with NTFS partitions as one sole purpose use?

I have a distant history with Dos based systems so I'm not overwhelmed, but my Unix experience is entirely limited to hacking my Tivo. So I'm kindly requesting a pointer in the right direction specifically asking which Linux would best suit my needs... What I want to do I wish to use an old... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to resize partitions?

I have recently changed software systems for my small business. I was running SCO OpenServer v 5.0 and have now gone to a windows based system using Windows Server 2003. No problems with the changover as the server hardware was changed also. The problem I am having is that I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtn
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix partitions

how to access/sliceing different partions using divvy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sobin
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

6. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition. First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carribey
1 Replies

7. SCO

create disk partitions in sco

i have one 9 gb hdd having root 2 gb fs now i want to create additional 1gb fs in remaining space unix partation created in entired 9gb thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
1 Replies

8. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Please tell me how to resize the partitions

It is not allowing me to create a new partition...... I know that there are no free sectors available.... I want to RESIZE the partitions which are already created. Please tell me how to resize the partitions.....Don't tell me that we can resize through parted command.... please tell me all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies
PARTY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PARTY(1)

NAME
party - set OS responses mode SYNOPSIS
party ON|OFF|WHEREIS [ - ] dnv DESCRIPTION
Operating systems being what they are, the admin people can easily grow tired of command responses that resemble dyslexic eugene- speak filtered through Kernighan and Ritchie's collective back-brains. To alleviate this, we have included a slightly more `casual' mode, in which the responses to all commands are first filtered through a customising routine (DUDE) , which makes them sound a little more friendly while retaining their full information content (usually). The rooted(c) system prompt is changed to `What now, dude?' and output from each command is terminated by `No problem, dude.' OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode (ALL commands have a `verbose' mode). When this option is present, all filtered responses are preceeded by a message: `This response has been parsed by the DUDE filter and is not intended to be some sort of sleazy come-on.' -d Don't restart all processes after recompiling the /uselss/libs/eugene file (see below). This alows any important tasks to complete beforehand. -n Notify all users that they are about to be force-logged out and force-logged in again. ON Activates the DUDE filter. OFF De-activates the DUDE filter. WHEREIS Doesn't do anything, but we couldn't resist it. EXAMPLES
%-) party on What now, dude? To compare the differing responses, here is output provided by the ispi -s command, with party OFF and party ON: party OFF line who why how long ========================================================== 000 rooted that's you, dweeb! epoch ---------------------------------------------------------- 00F wp she's supposed to be 0:44:12 typing up the end of financial year report, but she's been doing her resume when she thinks no-one is watching ---------------------------------------------------------- 014 maint playing games, as usual 0:51:16 party ON Well, let's see who's on, eh? There's you, of course, on line 000 (Imagine that! Hahaha!) Oh look, on serIOus line 00F, it's that cute little secretary - looks like she's lost her keyboard template again, she's been hitting the escape key for the past five minutes! AND OF COURSE, the guys down in maintenance are playing `cosmic ballcrushers'. As usual. Well, who else, um, no-one really interesting like, ya know, oh hang on, DTR is toggling on serIOus line 03D.. oh, no problem, it's that stuffed modem again. You want maybe I should send some AMail to maintenance and get 'em to look at it? No problem, dude. What now, dude? FILES
/uselss/libs/bill&ted/DUDE This is the pipe process, usually started at system shoe, which lies idle until party ON is issued. /uselss/libs/eugene Contains all of the ordinary, ho-hum confusing computer - jargonese responses which commands ordinarily issue. Text file. /uselss/libs/eugene.spoo compiled version of the eugene file. /ephemeral/eugene.chex Checksum for the compiled eugene file. SEE ALSO
crp(1), stuffio(2), doobrie(9), gouge(3), ftang(65534), wi(-1), edmond(29), jumpstart(2), vo_mit(992) BUGS
The -n option can be slow. If the n option is issued, some users in a wi editing session may not receive the `warning, restart imminent' message until after the restart. There is no way selectively to follow symbolic links. Sunburne Computer, Inc. 9 October 1991 Aug 18, 1997 PARTY(1)